Confirmed with Link: McCabe signed, 2-years $2.85 M aav

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Nice deal. A little more than I expected (expected 2.5/yr for 2 years) but I don’t think we were ripped off in any way.

Like the player, one of the few players that will stand up, unfortunately it’s not consistently in the lineup to make a bigger impact.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Too high

I don't like Botts right there, either he gives too much AAV (Skinner, etc..) or the term is too short (Reinhart, Rodriguez,..)

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Love it

Scandella out the door within a week
I'd take a bet and say Scandella has a neat bounce-back season. That wasn't the real Scandella we saw last year. Would the real Scandella please stand up?

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Cap isnt tight Sabres are fine. They can send down Nelson or Hunwick, waive Sobotka, and LTIR Bogosian. They dont need to make any dumb trades to clear space

Reactions: skipjack

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I’d like Dotcomm to weigh in but I’m pretty sure they can’t trade him until January.
I don't think there are any restrictions on when a player can be traded (not including league-wide things like the deadline or roster freeze) outside of a team being unable to trade a player for a year after matching an offer sheet.

Just checking last year's players who filed for arbitration, Chris Tierney settled with the Sharks in July, then was traded two months later.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I don't think there are any restrictions on when a player can be traded (not including league-wide things like the deadline or roster freeze) outside of a team being unable to trade a player for a year after matching an offer sheet.

Just checking last year's players who filed for arbitration, Chris Tierney settled with the Sharks in July, then was traded two months later.
Thank you, I’m mixing up arbitration vs matching offer sheet as well as trade vs extension, which, if I’m not mistaken cannot be signed on a 1 year arbitration award until January. But I probably f***ed that up too.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
I'm not out to get McCabe; he's serviceable in a certain role.

But is Botterill actually going to improve the team this off-season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->