McCabe hit from behind on ZAR

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
McCabe just absolutely brutally cheap shotted Zack Aston-Reese from behind into the boards. Only 2 minute penalty on the play lol. Gotta think suspension incoming, and probably antics in the game as McCabe will be back

Last edited:

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
McCabe just absolutely brutally cheap shotted Zack Aston-Reese from behind into the boards. Only 2 minute penalty on the play lol. If someone finds the video Ill put it in the OP. Gotta think suspension incoming, and probably antics in the game as McCabe will be back

Bad hit but he also turned last second, it really wasn’t nearly as malicious as the pens homer commentator made it out to be.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
McCabe just absolutely brutally cheap shotted Zack Aston-Reese from behind into the boards. Only 2 minute penalty on the play lol. Gotta think suspension incoming, and probably antics in the game as McCabe will be back

Everything from your title to your description of the hit is misleading. Head shot? Hit from behind? I mean technically he hit him in the back, but that’s not a “hit from behind”. McCabe was in front and to the side of Aston-Reese before he quickly turns his back towards him.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Almost like the guy has bad instincts and doesn't know how to protect himself or something.

Reactions: dire wolf

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Turned the last second, gotta be aware in that space near the boards, hard for the guy to stop the hit

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Everything from your title to your description of the hit is misleading. Head shot? Hit from behind? I mean technically he hit him in the back, but that’s not a “hit from behind”. McCabe was in front and to the side of Aston-Reese before he quickly turns his back towards him.
You should of watched it then. Even the announcers kept going on about how bad it was. Missed call, should have been 5, and we will see how the league deals with this dirty cheap shot

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
OP way overblowing it. Definitely not a good hit, definitely a penalty. Nothing more, there is zero malicious intent there.

Reactions: ZZamboni

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
You should of watched it then. Even the announcers kept going on about how bad it was. Missed call, should have been 5, and we will see how the league deals with this dirty cheap shot
Should have watched it, you mean.

And you just completely ignored my break down of your hot take— are you still calling it a head shot? Then you don’t know what a head shot is. Hit from behind? Then.. we’ll, you get the point.

And I did watch it. Several times. I’m also assuming you’re watching the Pens feed if you’re putting any weight into what the “announcers” keep saying about it.

Edit- read everyone else’s replies about your ridiculous take :laugh:

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
OP way overblowing it. Definitely not a good hit, definitely a penalty. Nothing more, there is zero malicious intent there.
Yeah maybe your right, maybe I did, I read thru the thread and pretty much everyone has said I overreacted. Perhaps I did, I thought it looked much worse at first. I admit I was wrong :oops:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad