Confirmed with Link: Mazanec traded to Canucks for 2020 7th round pick

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I SO wanted Wilde there. Ticked me off so much that it turned a draft that, for me, was otherwise an A+ (not gonna gripe about Kjellberg where he was picked) into a B in one fell swoop.

(And the poor kid hasn't even played but a handful of games since being picked. :laugh:)
If it makes you feel better (it probably won’t) but I don’t think the Rangers were ever going to draft Wilde with any pick after decommitting from two schools

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Back when there were 21 teams and a longer draft Harry Neale once described a ninth round draft choice as someone who hangs around the rink.
I saw a beer league goalie steal the show in Chicago last year, so sign me up

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I have less of an issue with the Linbom pick as it's pretty clear the Rangers really like the kid and didn't like any goalies elsewhere in the draft. They had the ammunition to get the kid they liked and took forwards/defensemen throughout the rest of the draft. They clearly have a plan to take at least 1 goalie every draft and Lindbom was their guy this year.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I have less of an issue with the Linbom pick as it's pretty clear the Rangers really like the kid and didn't like any goalies elsewhere in the draft. They had the ammunition to get the kid they liked and took forwards/defensemen throughout the rest of the draft. They clearly have a plan to take at least 1 goalie every draft and Lindbom was their guy this year.
That he was taken right before a talented Faller in Bode Wilde really stings the most for me.

Reactions: broadwayblue

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
According to the 2016 version of the Shuckers chart, which I think is unrealistic but whatever, three picks in round seven have the same value as a pick at the top of the third.

I think it's less "package three 7ths for a 3rd" and more "package a 7th and your 3rd/4th to jump up 10-15 spots and get a guy that's a faller but was high on your draft board".

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think it's less "package three 7ths for a 3rd" and more "package a 7th and your 3rd/4th to jump up 10-15 spots and get a guy that's a faller but was high on your draft board".
Haha, yeah, I wasn't suggesting it was actually package the 7ths for a 3rd. Chiarelli is gone so no one would actually do that.

You could package a couple and move into the sixth. Or use them, as you said, to sweeten a swap in the middle rounds.

It provides flexibility, if nothing else. And 7ths aren't worthless on their own, either.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... 7ths aren't worthless on their own, either.

especially around here, where we value the 7ths (Hughes, Huska, Ronning, Virta) higher than the 2d/3d's (Gropp. Halverson, Lindblom, Day, Kovacs, Zborovskiy, Iverson, Tambellini)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad