GDT: Maybe Ol' AD Breaks The Losing Streak

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
The funny part (pure speculation) he's probably in the bottom tier of coaching salaries. He'd likely never take a job somewhere else, but you know there's GMs out there licking their chops.
There were apparently several trying when he his contract was taking a while a few years ago and it was never even a remote consideration for him. He said after that process that his salary only mattered to him insofar as it set a precedent for the rest of the staff to be compensated well.

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
There were apparently several trying when he his contract was taking a while a few years ago and it was never even a remote consideration for him. He said after that process that his salary only mattered to him insofar as it set a precedent for the rest of the staff to be compensated well.
Yep. And that is what took so long. He demanded the assistants and others get raises as well. His $ were secondary.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Koko now got an assist on that play. He got 2 assists last night
KK has been a completely different player the last month.

On the season right now he's at 16 points over 42 games played, good for a 31 point pace over the season. Not the worst, but definitely serviceable for a 4th line player.

However, since Dec 10th, he has 11 points over 16 games played, which is a 56 point pace. Considering a big chunk of that time has been on the 4th line, that's a fantastic scoring rate for him, and actually starts making his contract look like a bit of a bargain if he can keep it up.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I mean outta the box an enormous impact. Pax needs to be okay. I’m having Mark Recchi, Dougie Weight kinda feels here.
Yeah....

I mean I want to be hopeful, but watching the postgame locker room speech with what Brindy was saying about how he battled back and how he has to battle again while stopping himself from saying exactly what was going on combined with Patches downtrodden demeanor... I don't get a good feeling about that right now.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Yeah....

I mean I want to be hopeful, but watching the postgame locker room speech with what Brindy was saying about how he battled back and how he has to battle again while stopping himself from saying exactly what was going on combined with Patches downtrodden demeanor... I don't get a good feeling about that right now.

My wife looks at the video and says beyond Patches, "TT sure didn't look happy nor participate much in the celebration"

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I love in that video how excited the boys are for a day off. You watch that video and it feels exactly the same as teachers/students feel for a snow day. Just makes me smile.

I watched only a smidge of the game in the first period, but I saw enough to enjoy the CBJ announcers bemoaning the first Pesce goal. One of them chalked it up to a completely lucky shot. It was one of the cringier takes I'd seen from a visiting announcing team. I'm not sure if that was typical for those announcers or not. I'm also 1000% sure that anyone watching Tripp says the same damn thing after a quarter of the goals against.

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
KK has been a completely different player the last month.

On the season right now he's at 16 points over 42 games played, good for a 31 point pace over the season. Not the worst, but definitely serviceable for a 4th line player.

However, since Dec 10th, he has 11 points over 16 games played, which is a 56 point pace. Considering a big chunk of that time has been on the 4th line, that's a fantastic scoring rate for him, and actually starts making his contract look like a bit of a bargain if he can keep it up.
i dunno seems to me when Koko is doing good , Rod is either demoting him or giving him less time , he actually looks good on the PP , love Rod , hes my age and from my hometown but sometimes he does weird decisions , lol that game where at the end of the game we on the PK and he takes the goalie out i was wtf , i friggin hate when he takes the goalie out with like 3 mins left , we cant score on the PP dont bother giving them another goal , why is Pesce on the PP and not Slavin or Skjei , but do like he kept a good line intact Staal/Nook/Fast maybe he has audible play in the playoffs that makes our PP great again ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad