GDT: Maybe Ol’ AD Starts A New Streak

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I’m not sure if the puck was there. I thought it was on the other side of Andersen. Which would make it interference. Can’t get a minor for checking from behind, so the ref could massage it to roughing I suppose.
If there’s a scramble in front you can knock a guy down. Happened to KoKo in the 1st period. No call of course and he might have actually got cross checked on that one.

He called crosschecking because that’s what he thought he saw. And he was wrong.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
If there’s a scramble in front you can knock a guy down. Happened to KoKo in the 1st period. No call of course and he might have actually got cross checked on that one.

He called crosschecking because that’s what he thought he saw. And he was wrong.
Possibly

Rod biting his lip you can tell (in regards to penalties)
Rod will, eventually, learn to bite his lip (or tongue) more often. He’s never met a penalty his team didn’t commit. In that sense he’s definitely a “player coach” - hard to take that part of hockey out of you.

Reactions: zman77 and DaveG

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Some of the most annoying fans I have been around in recent years tonight. Drunk and combative with everyone around us. The tears tasted sweet at the end though.
Pens fans are second only to Boston fans in level of obnoxiousness.
Even living here on the Va Nc border I work with like 4 of them who are still arrogant even this season.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Some of the most annoying fans I have been around in recent years tonight. Drunk and combative with everyone around us. The tears tasted sweet at the end though.

I quit going to games against Northeastern opponents long time ago. Just very unpleasant. That isn't to say they are all assholes because that's not true, but sitting among hundreds of them isn't fun.

Oddly enough for the reputation they have, Flyers fans are probably the most mellow of the ones I've been around.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I quit going to games against Northeastern opponents long time ago. Just very unpleasant. That isn't to say they are all assholes because that's not true, but sitting among hundreds of them isn't fun.

Oddly enough for the reputation they have, Flyers fans are probably the most mellow of the ones I've been around.
Philly fans that aren’t in Philadelphia are generally the non looney toons. Most of those folks never leave a 50 mile radius of that hellscape.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Philly fans that aren’t in Philadelphia are generally the non looney toons. Most of those folks never leave a 50 mile radius of that hellscape.

Flyers maybe, but I went to a Panthers vs Eagles game here (week 1 2009) and let's just say the Eagles fans were just about everything I read about Buffalo in 2006. Lots of arrests that day.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC

I thought I was going to get into a fight at Backyard Bistro while waiting for the Uber. Overrun with Pens fans. There were 3 actually bigger than me right behind me acting the fool. One of them looked like Brett Burns.

Yeah, I hope we draw them in the playoffs. They try to win by out-skilling the Canes, I guess they aren't able to brutalize or just lay down in the slot and block all the shots

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I remember when I used to post on the Panthers forum on their official website back in the early 2000s, and any time we played the Eagles they would have the most insane trolls. Philly fans truly are some kind of creature.

MV5BNTVjYzU0MzYtMzdiMy00YWVmLWJjYTAtMzE1ZDcwODJhMzAxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUxNjc5NjY@._V1_.jpg

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Idk. I mean I probably dislike people form the northeast more than anyone here. But I can honestly say that some of the most respectful and fun fans I've shared the PNC with are islanders and flyers fans. Flyers probably because rod? Isles fans were good sports too.
Boston fans are pure shit breed of human. Pens fans aren't far behind and neither are rangers trashwagoners.

I don't have a lot of experience with Buffalo fans since the 06 ecf if I'm being honest. My close buddy and I went to those games and we were like one or two sections over from that corner they took over. We did get in a shoving match with some of them between periods of I think game 6? It wsd later in the series when the shut out vs sell out chants were going on. One of then pushed off on some girl in the concession line and we both shoved him out of line and told him to f*** off and find another stand, that he wasn't getting back in this line. He ran his mouth and walked off, and one stand down from us a pretty big scrum happened and rpd removed some Buffalo fans.

I'm not sure I've actually been to a game vs buffalo in at least 10 years, and certainly not since the Rod era.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad