Maybe I missed this in all the "fire Bylsma" frenzy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Oh yeah the hot goalie argument. I guess the invisible force field of Rask beat us last year too.

Anyway, it's hard to know who is out there in terms of successful AHL coaches or even Junior coaches. That said, there are a number of guys we could have gotten. Paul Maurice would have been a possibility. Lavy obviously would be good, John Hynes if they wanted to promote a guy in house. And then the obvious Martin in the interim.

The point is there are options. Prior to lucking into the Pens head coach job, Bylsma had 40 games of professional hockey head coaching experience. Cole listed the reasons why he should be replaced and I gave you a few options to replace him. So, what's your argument now?

Yeah Halak played godlike but he did not beat us, our inability to get into his grill beat us. Look at him the next series against Flyers? constantly had players in his kitchen and he was allowing....goals?????....WTF????....

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I look at the next 3-4 years as our Cup window. Find a coach who can get the most out of the team in that time period.

I'd like to see Tocchet as an assistant. Bad cop but has a history of success with the team and can get away with disciplining players here.

As for head coach, I'd like a guy who focuses on the X's and O's. Line matchups. In-game adjustments. Demanding accountability from star players. A few people have mentioned Larry Robinson. Doubt he leaves SJ though.

Laviolette would be a guy who could give our team a kick in the nuts. He's a bit harder on his players, but they'd love to play in his up tempo system. He has some of the same weaknesses as DB with his stubbornness and potential for defensive gaffes.

I could see Shero looking into Trotz if Nashville decides to move on from him this season. He's not a guy who can coach Sid/Geno. But he can get his teams to play responsible hockey.

Head coaches are hired to be fired. A new voice who can command respect from our star players and focus on playing smart defensively would be the ideal.

BurghThang

Dec 14, 2013
Oh yeah the hot goalie argument. I guess the invisible force field of Rask beat us last year too.

Anyway, it's hard to know who is out there in terms of successful AHL coaches or even Junior coaches. That said, there are a number of guys we could have gotten. Paul Maurice would have been a possibility. Lavy obviously would be good, John Hynes if they wanted to promote a guy in house. And then the obvious Martin in the interim.

The point is there are options. Prior to lucking into the Pens head coach job, Bylsma had 40 games of professional hockey head coaching experience. Cole listed the reasons why he should be replaced and I gave you a few options to replace him. So, what's your argument now?

Some of you guys are a piece of work...I offered no argument, I simply asked for a discussion on potential replacements...Jesus...close the thread....

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Well...you cannot fire the coach without having someone lined up...can you?
Well you could...but it would be pseudo-suicidal

Remember that time in 2009 that Shero fired a coach in the middle of the season and was forced to replace him with an inexperienced coach from the team's AHL affiliate?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Not that this thread isn't warranted - but the point has been made. Let's move back to the other Bylsma thread if discussion needs to be continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad