Injury Report: MAY 6: Neal, Orpik work in full gear during optional practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Yah of course... I don't think they practiced yesterday did they? They need to start working the lines they're going to use, etc.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Amazing how Bob McKenzie gets this info before our local ''experts''...

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
It seems like to me there would have to be another step before Sid could play, Wouldn't Sid need to have practice with contact before he would get cleared to play?

nTsplnk*

Not having Sid would suck but could also give us a boost.

It'll show that we can't just take the playoffs for granted and let sid do all the work.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
thanks for the update...now let's sit back and see which local media picks up on this first and runs with it for a story or tweet.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
It seems like to me there would have to be another step before Sid could play, Wouldn't Sid need to have practice with contact before he would get cleared to play?
They will only clear him for contact when they see its healed enough through X-rays. There's not a difference between healed enough for contact in practice or healed enough for contact in game.

NewFang

Aug 4, 2008
They will only clear him for contact when they see its healed enough through X-rays. There's not a difference between healed enough for contact in practice or healed enough for contact in game.

This is true, but typically there would be at least one contact practice to see how he feels before throwing him out in a playoff game. So i think cleared for contact in practice could be a milestone to watch for.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Dejan Kovacevic
#Pens lines identical to #Canes game: 9-36-12, 14-71-18, 10-16-24, 15-27-48 ... Sid with extras, no Orpik. #TribHKY

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
#Pens practice lines: 14-71-18, 9-36-12, 10-16-24, 48 and 19 rotating on the fourth line with 15 and 2

Niskanen is staking on the 4th line?

And the lack of a 4th line makes me thinks that 87 slides in between 9 and 12 then 36 goes down to the fourth line..

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Niskanen is staking on the 4th line?

And the lack of a 4th line makes me thinks that 87 slides in between 9 and 12 then 36 goes down to the fourth line..

That has to be 27.

Looks like BB and TK will be squeezed for the most part (if everyone is healthy), if that hasn't been established yet.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
Team doesn't seem to be confident Crosby will play game 1 if he still isn't getting practice time with a regular line.

smetana

B2B2B2B HA Champs
Aug 5, 2006
USA I.1
Let's also keep in mind that the Isles are reading the same tweets and info we are. Maybe a little bit of head games for New York to think about over the next couple of days, not knowing if Sid will play.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Team doesn't seem to be confident Crosby will play game 1 if he still isn't getting practice time with a regular line.

there are minimal changes if he does play. Just swap him and Jokinen and put Jokinen on the 4th line. The chemistry should be there automatically with Duper and Iggy if Sid does play so they're probably just preparing as if he doesn't.

I'm not saying I think he will play, I just mean that I don't think the current lines at practice are much of an indication.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Let's also keep in mind that the Isles are reading the same tweets and info we are. Maybe a little bit of head games for New York to think about over the next couple of days, not knowing if Sid will play.

Pretty much this IMO.

When have the Pens (or any Pittsburgh sport's team) been forthcoming about injury information? Before a playoff game give the other team as many combinations to prepare for as possible to **** them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad