GDT: May 6 • Sweden vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Round robin games don't really matter.

I know it dosent matter! But i have to much of a winner menality;p wich make me really pissed off when i lose or my team lose;)

FAKK i forgot there was champions leagu to night:cry:

Well it was good hockey! and Canada schooled Sweden in how a good offensive should look:laugh:

Anyway! have a good nigt of to bed now, Take care:nod:

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Is there any particular reason the Canadian seems to be especially stacked this year?

some fortunate/unfortunate early seasons for good players. plus crosby signing up changed the dynamic of the team

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Of course it matters. It decides your QF opponent.. More wins = easier way to the final..

Sure, but you still have to beat someone good at some point.

You can lose in the round-robin and still win the Gold.

I'm more concerned about the team improving than the win-loss record at the end of the round robin.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Sure, but you still have to beat someone good at some point.

You can lose in the round-robin and still win the Gold.

I'm more concerned about the team improving than the win-loss record at the end of the round robin.

Of course, but every team would rather be #1 in the group than #3 or #4. In such a short tournament I doubt that makes a huge difference (improving record or not). If you are #1 the group you probably have all your games or all except one.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
This was an absolute beauty.

When I saw that my reaction was something along the lines of:
tumblr_moyl0qd6EA1qcolx2o1_500.gif

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
In case anyone missed this epic gif with ghost beer, la chacha flag man, fighting invisible mosquitos/ techno man, wailing dancing girl, beer thirsty man noticing beer with a Jokinenesque glare, nodding man and aggressively sliding phone man.
cheer.gif

Last edited:

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
I thought Mike Smith was actually just fine, he had a rough first period (mostly thanks to the play of the team in front of him at the time) and then bore down in the second and third.

Im surprised at how good their defense is, no real stars aside from Ekblad but very solid.

I think McLellan deserves a lot of credit too, he made some excellent adjustments with both lines and strategy.

And Sweden's goalie reminded me of Dracula. Constantly crouched down with his arms way out to the side.

Last edited:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
IMO its a good mix, a lot of talent but not TOO many ultimate superstars.

The big difference is Crosby which gives the team a winning pedigree and confidence. Canada's had Stamkos, Getzlaf, Perry etc. in previous years where they failed to win.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
In case anyone missed this epic gif with ghost beer, la chacha flag man, fighting invisible mosquitos/ techno man, wailing dancing girl, beer thirsty man noticing beer with a Jokinenesque glare, nodding man and aggressively sliding phone man.
cheer.gif

I think cell phone guy has a rotary dial. FIM/T man is my favourite, though.

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I started watching the game. After the 3rd period and it being 3-0. I was feeling pretty bad. I remember thinking to myself the team was not playing their best and this is a very good team Canada this year and if any WHC team can comeback it's this one. Then the second period comes and Canada scores 2 goals and is playing strong like in their other games. I had to leave for work when the 2nd period ended but I had a good feeling Canada was going to win it. When I got to work I saw the final score and I was very happy. Canada has had sluggish starts at this tournament but that is kind of Canada trademark seems it takes them a good 15-20 minutes to get their legs moving and their chemistry gelling. These slow starts could be fatal in the elimination rounds. Still I have a good feeling about this team just like I had for the WJC team this year. I think this could be the Gold medal team... it's going to be a fun month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad