May 31 - Winnipeg Jets Day

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I was thinking the same thing.
Maybe we can get a provincial holiday out if this :sarcasm:

Don't wait for your elected officials to call something a holiday. If everyone city-wide skips out on work for the day, it's a holiday.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
it will be a nice day for a cold beer to celebrate a special BIRTH day

BobEssensa

Jun 16, 2011
Feels like it was just yesterday. I work at the Forks, but still took the day off to celebrate. So much to remember. Just gathering under the tent, the booing of Bettman on TV, the random high 5s being dished out after season ticket prices were announced, not being able to use my data on my smartphone since I'm sure anyone and everyone at the Forks was on Twitter/BBM/Faceook, seeing people crying tears of joy.

Wow! So glad I was there!

GO JETS GO!!!!

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Today is my birthday. So was last year, of course. Last year I was kind a sad because my favourite NHL team moved from Atlanta to a city in Canada I only barely heard about and didn't even knew where it was exactly.

That turned out to be a good thing I guess.

=)

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
tonight I am going to see Roger Waters at MTS centre............today I will have some cold beers to celebrate. Thank you Gump for digging up the presser and saving me that time............I will close the office door and shed a tear or two watching it again. words really can't describe how big a game changer this was for our city and my quality of life personally. The interesting part about it is this represents the beginning of the story for us but how will the rest of the story play out over the years of our life.

I also want to give a shout out to the former Thrasher fans that lost their team officially last year on this day. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction and I am sorry there had to be a loser. I never really got over the loss of the Jets 1.0 until last year at this time so I feel your pain.

Bongo

Feb 7, 2007
Atlanta
Today is my birthday. So was last year, of course. Last year I was kind a sad because my favourite NHL team moved from Atlanta to a city in Canada I only barely heard about and didn't even knew where it was exactly.

That turned out to be a good thing I guess.

=)

It was a good thing. The Atlanta Thrashers were never going to be competitive or successful under their current ownership. In spite of that I hated losing our team and the stigma it left on our city and fanbase. I'm happy for the players. If anybody deserved a barn full of loud fans, it's those guys.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
It was a good thing. The Atlanta Thrashers were never going to be competitive or successful under their current ownership. In spite of that I hated losing our team and the stigma it left on our city and fanbase. I'm happy for the players. If anybody deserved a barn full of loud fans, it's those guys.

Yeah it didn't took long to realise that this is all true and the move was the best for everyone ... except Atlanta hockey fans unfortunately.

Thanks Aerial =) Last year I was sad but that changed this year. Now I share my birthday with my favourite NHL franchise. Thats awesome actually :D

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah it didn't took long to realise that this is all true and the move was the best for everyone ... except Atlanta hockey fans unfortunately.

Thanks Aerial =) Last year I was sad but that changed this year. Now I share my birthday with my favourite NHL franchise. Thats awesome actually :D

:cheers::hbday::party::towel:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad