GDT: May 12 • Finland vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
That is exactely how it works... or tell me where dose this counterys com from? SA? Asia, Australia? no to call this WC is ridiculouse because its only NA and Europe that compete in this sport

Russia lays on both Europe and Asia and many good KHL teams are on the east side of Ural mountains. So you can add Asia into the list of participants :)

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Russia lays on both Europe and Asia and many good KHL teams are on the east side of Ural mountains. So you can add Asia into the list of participants :)

eh no since moste of the players com from Europe and moste of the population in Russia livse in Europe... and Russia when they qualify for WC in Football qualife in the Europe so, but now kazakhstan is in the elit division i probably can add Asia

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
That is exactely how it works... or tell me where dose this counterys com from? SA? Asia, Australia? no to call this WC is ridiculouse because its only NA and Europe that compete in this sport

No, that's how it is currently. If India suddenly ices a team that is competitive against the best hockey countries, that team will be playing in the WC. Therefore, it's world championship games in hockey.

There just simply is no more countries to compete.

Hockey WC is just what it is. A tournament on world championship with the best countries. Every single sport does the WC same way. The best teams/athletes are playing/competing for the WC title. Just cause it's a marginal sport, doesn't mean we can't have world championships on it. Or how do you suggest we treat Rugby/Judo/Ski-Jump/etc.?

You are on the wrong here.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
No, that's how it is currently. If India suddenly ices a team that is competitive against the best hockey countries, that team will be playing in the WC. Therefore, it's world championship games in hockey.

There just simply is no more countries to compete.

Hockey WC is just what it is. A tournament on world championship with the best countries. Every single sport does the WC same way. The best teams/athletes are playing/competing for the WC title. Just cause it's a marginal sport, doesn't mean we can't have world championships on it. Or how do you suggest we treat Rugby/Judo/Ski-Jump/etc.?

You are on the wrong here.

Wow just wow... do you reall think teams like Australia can compete against Germany in football? but still they can qualify to the WC... the hockey should look how football have their qualif to WC would be funny with more counterys tbh. where they give some spots lets say 2 spots for NA team 5-6 spots for Europe teams and 4-6 for Asian team's and 1-2 spots for Australian team if they even play hockey there like football...

Judo is more than just EU and NA that compete in if you wanna know!

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland

Many countries from other continents compete at lower levels, and have the opportunity to qualify for the top-level competitions. For example Japan, Kazakhstan and South Korea competed in Div I this year, while Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, China and Israel played Div II. The World Championship is not just the top-level competition, you see.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Wow just wow... do you reall think teams like Australia can compete against Germany in football? but still they can qualify to the WC... the hockey should look how football have their qualif to WC would be funny with more counterys tbh. where they give some spots lets say 2 spots for NA team 5-6 spots for Europe teams and 4-6 for Asian team's and 1-2 spots for Australian team if they even play hockey there like football...

Judo is more than just EU and NA that compete in if you wanna know!

I know the competition on Judo. Doesn't make it any less marginal sport now does it?

Hockey has a qualification process. Just like all sports has. If you can beat the qualification, you are in. No country is invalidated for the qualification. You can participate after putting in a team that can compete. It starts from bottom and working your way up. Just like every other sport. Hockey is a marginal sport that has real competitive teams in few countries. Most of those countries are in the WC right now. If there were more, IIHF would expand the brackets and work out a more fair qualification process.

Simply put, the best hockey countries in the world are currently competing for the WC title. There is no-one left out and there is no-one looking to come in.

By definition, these are the world championship games of hockey.

How would you suggest we change this?

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Many countries from other continents compete at lower levels, and have the opportunity to qualify for the top-level competitions. For example Japan, Kazakhstan and South Korea competed in Div I this year, while Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, China and Israel played Div II. The World Championship is not just the top-level competition, you see.

Nop but would be better with the footballs version of WC more counterys that compete.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011

Yup. Also, it's not like the competition in Div I is too tough. When your team is ready, they will advance from the division. It's really just like any other sport.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Nop but would be better with the footballs version of WC more counterys that compete.

Oh god. :facepalm:

You do realize the difference on competitive football countries and competitive hockey countries?

Edit: No, you don't understand the concept here. Go and educate yourself on the matter. Football has same system with their WC. It's just that football has multiple amount of countries with competitive teams.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
I know the competition on Judo. Doesn't make it any less marginal sport now does it?

Hockey has a qualification process. Just like all sports has. If you can beat the qualification, you are in. No country is invalidated for the qualification. You can participate after putting in a team that can compete. It starts from bottom and working your way up. Just like every other sport. Hockey is a marginal sport that has real competitive teams in few countries. Most of those countries are in the WC right now. If there were more, IIHF would expand the brackets and work out a more fair qualification process.

Simply put, the best hockey countries in the world are currently competing for the WC title. There is no-one left out and there is no-one looking to come in.

By definition, these are the world championship games of hockey.

How would you suggest we change this?

Like i said just laughable to call this WC since it is only EU teams and NA teams... or do you really think teams like Australia or other Asian counterys can win WC in football? Can't see why they don't follow the football in this case and give the continents that play hockey some spots like i said, serriously i don't give a **** if China or Australia sucks donkey, they still do in Football and yet they are able to play in WC, more funny to see other counterys than this regulare teams thats allways in.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Oh god. :facepalm:

You do realize the difference on competitive football countries and competitive hockey countries?

This :facepalm: is right back at ya... but i dident have any hope that finnish hockey fans would take it in to ther thick heads...

You do realize that there is not every countery in football that is in WC are good enough to be there? Like Australia.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
eh no since moste of the players com from Europe and moste of the population in Russia livse in Europe... and Russia when they qualify for WC in Football qualife in the Europe so, but now kazakhstan is in the elit division i probably can add Asia

You may be surprized but in Football Kazakhstan is qualified as European country too. :laugh: So I don't think it is a serious argument.

In the same time these guys were born and became hockey players in Asia:
Znarok - Chelyabinsk (East Ural)
Barulin - Karaganda (Kazakhstan)
Bobrovsky - Novokuznetsk (Siberia)
Khudobin - Ust-Kamenogorsk (Kazakhstan)
Antipin - Ust-Kamenogorsk (Kazakhstan)
Biryukov - Chelyabinsk (East Ural)
Belov - Chelyabinsk (East Ural)
Medvedev - Chelyabinsk (East Ural)
... damn it will take me hours, almost all of them from Asia :)

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Like i said just laughable to call this WC since it is only EU teams and NA teams... or do you really think teams like Australia or other Asian counterys can win WC in football? Can't see why they don't follow the football in this case and give the continents that play hockey some spots like i said, serriously i don't give a **** if China or Australia sucks donkey, they still do in Football and yet they are able to play in WC, more funny to see other counterys than this regulare teams thats allways in.

No. That's not how it works. Not at all. I am not going to walk you through the process of how the qualification in football and hockey is done. Just go and look it up yourself. Cause right now, you are talking out of your ass.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
This :facepalm: is right back at ya... but i dident have any hope that finnish hockey fans would take it in to ther thick heads...

You do realize that there is not every countery in football that is in WC are good enough to be there? Like Australia

Now, they are not equipped to win. But they still manage to get through the qualification. Just like Norway does in hockey.

You are not seeing the forest from the trees here. There is a fundamental difference on the amount of countries with competitive football teams and countries with competitive hockey teams.

If the hockey WC would be expanded to similar amount like football WC, we'd be looking at teams that are not only inferior but complete jokes against teams like Norway.

If hockey would have enough teams to form a 32 country WC, they would do it. But as it stands, there are only this few countries with any justification to compete in the WC. And this current number might just be too much.

Comparing football to hockey in terms of WC participation is inherently flawed.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
You may be surprized but in Football Kazakhstan is qualified as European country too. :laugh: So I don't think it is a serious argument.

In the same time these guys were born and became hockey players in Asia:
Znarok - Chelyabinsk (East Ural)
Barulin - Karaganda (Kazakhstan)
Bobrovsky - Novokuznetsk (Siberia)
Khudobin - Ust-Kamenogorsk (Kazakhstan)
Antipin - Ust-Kamenogorsk (Kazakhstan)
Biryukov - Chelyabinsk (East Ural)
Belov - Chelyabinsk (East Ural)
Medvedev - Chelyabinsk (East Ural)
... damn it will take me hours, almost all of them from Asia :)

Oh snap dident see you was in the same grp as us:laugh: pretty wierd since only a little bit of Kazakhstan is in the Europe:laugh:

And? not like everyone from the Russian team is from the east of Ural

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
No. That's not how it works. Not at all. I am not going to walk you through the process of how the qualification in football and hockey is done. Just go and look it up yourself. Cause right now, you are talking out of your ass.

Eh no? i sure know the qualification in football but you seems not to do it... and the qualification in hockey is a bit of a joke tbh.

Now, they are not equipped to win. But they still manage to get through the qualification. Just like Norway does in hockey.

You are not seeing the forest from the trees here. There is a fundamental difference on the amount of countries with competitive football teams and countries with competitive hockey teams.

If the hockey WC would be expanded to similar amount like football WC, we'd be looking at teams that are not only inferior but complete jokes against teams like Norway.

If hockey would have enough teams to form a 32 country WC, they would do it. But as it stands, there are only this few countries with any justification to compete in the WC. And this current number might just be too much.

Comparing football to hockey in terms of WC participation is inherently flawed.

And you don't think teams like Saudi Arabia,Iraq,Iran looks like complete jokes against teams like Sweden in football?

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
For Kazakhstan sport officials that scheme would be ideal. But eventually it would ruin hockey in my country. Cause there would be no competition at all

I'm maybe to much of a football fan to see it your way in hockey:) but anyway thats how i see on it! and for me is WC the whole world playing not just two continentes:)

Not everyone but majority. I am just tired to proceed

;)

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
What, where can i read stuff from Finland vs. Russia game? This thread seems to go on and on about football, Russian heritages and why Australia participates in Eurovision song contest.

buy the way, Komarov hit was clean!:yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad