GDT: May 12 • Finland vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I kinda wish Russia had won so that we would see two great rivalries in the quarters.

Well, that would have been cool.

It was intense game for sure. Close on to boot. If Finland and Russia meet again, there is no doubt about if they can find emotion to the game. :laugh:

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
As I understand they don't, cause it is 90% of Europe. According to this logic all continents must be presented. And Australia should be a constant member of World Cup :laugh:

Yup. :laugh:

The thing is, every country in the world has a chance to get in to these games. It's just that Hockey is so marginal sport that there is not enough countries with respectable teams.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
It's just that Hockey is so marginal sport that there is not enough countries with respectable teams.

That's why nobody plays Bandy! It is just criminal :yo:

300px-Bandy_players.jpg

vilpertti

Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
As I said before I hate Komarov and want him be suspended forever. Not for this episode. This call was strange for me too
We share the feelings, as I want all russians to be suspended forever. It's clear they have no respect for the fellow players, and go out of their way to hurt or injure the opponent.

If the teams were computer game characters, Finland would be Tyrael and Russia would be Diablo.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Joonas Donskoi's great-grandfather was from Russia so there comes the name plus Joonas doesn't speak Russian at all.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
Joonas Donskoi's great-grandfather was from Russia so there comes the name plus Joonas doesn't speak Russian at all.

As far as I know in times of Donskoi's great-grandfather all Finns were from Russia. Yet not all of them have russian family names:)
Anyway, Barkov said what he said, and he has a russian citezinship as well as Komarov

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
As far as I know in times of Donskoi's great-grandfather all Finns were from Russia. Yet not all of them have russian family names:)
Anyway, Barkov said what he said, and he has a russian citezinship as well as Komarov
Nope but obviously many heritages are just like from Sweden etc. For example my own heritage comes hundreds years back from Sweden and Russia.

anfieldo

Feb 16, 2014

some reason they want to play Finnish national team.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad