Confirmed with Link: Maxim Mamin returning to Panthers from KHL, 975k for one year

ursavolta

Aug 9, 2010
miami, Fl
I really wanna see Mamin back. Top 6 role tho? I dont know. Then again Barkov could work his magic
Man, imagine Mamin being that powerforward we dreamed of... one could dream.

I love this move. It gives us more depth and more toughness in the bottom six. I remember liking this guy when he played for us a while back and was perplexed why we didn't retain him afterward.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I really like that we brought him back. But right now I see him as the 13th/14th forward with Lom.

Swaggy/Sasha/Reino
Huby/Bennett/Duke
Frankie/Lundell/Tipp
March/Acciari/Horny

-ghoste

Dnigly13

Jun 21, 2017
Everyone assumes lundell takes 3C off the bat. If not reinhart plays center. Duke goes to 1st line. Horny up. And your 4th line has mamin and marchment on the wings.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Alright! Bring Lammer and Mamin together again, maybe their PK will be the Silence Of The Lamms pair…. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
Everyone assumes lundell takes 3C off the bat. If not reinhart plays center. Duke goes to 1st line. Horny up. And your 4th line has mamin and marchment on the wings.

I don't know, I get the feeling that is their plan at the moment. I just don't see why you would acquire a player like Reinhart and stick his in as the 3C. Only way I see him as a C right now is if Bennett fails and Reinhart moves onto that line OR they just sign Reinhart for a year and just stacks the top 9 as much as possible. Some mixing will certainly occur but everything points to them wanting to start the year with Lundell on the third line, unless he is very underwhelming at camp...

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Wasn't Mamin a C last time or am I crazy?

Lomberg- Mamin- Marchment would give fits.
LW/RW

Boughner barely played him, he spent most of the time with Mac and Haley (earlier thought Thornton still played that year, but remembered wrong) on the 4th line. Some games with the likes of Sceviour, McCann and McGinn on the 3rd line.

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019
There's no valid reason to move him after the Stralman trade. The Cats have $10mil of cap space remaining. Re-signing Reinhart, Mamin and Lamm takes up ~$8.5mil. Vatrano is a rental at this stage.

Not including the $ consideration, adding those three players to the current, signed roster forward spots would become 15, one or 2 more than the usual maximum number of 13 or 14. I think Frankie goes, in order to get some value for him, as they will not have the spot or $ for him beyond this year.

Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
So the way I see this:

Vatrano...gone
Lammikko...gone (yeah I know he got a QO, but I doubt he signs)

LINEUP LOCKS (8):
Barkov, Huberdeau, Verhaeghe, Bennett, Reinhart, Duclair, Hornqvist, Tippett

NOT GUARANTEED SPOTS (8), BOLDED ARE WAIVER EXEMPT (5):
Luostarinen, Lundell, Denisenko, Heponiemi, Acciari, Marchment, Lomberg, Mamin

Assuming we carry 14 forwards, it looks like at any given time, 2 of bolded above will be in the minors.
I'd expect Luostarinen and Denisenko to be the ones who start in the AHL playing on the first line.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
So the way I see this:

Vatrano...gone

LINEUP LOCKS (8):

Assuming we carry 14 forwards, it looks like at any given time, 2 of bolded above will be in the minors.
I'd expect Luostarinen and Denisenko to be the ones who start in the AHL playing on the first line.
Wouldn’t that be nice to have a real minor league roster

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
So the way I see this:

Vatrano...gone

LINEUP LOCKS (8):

One way to see the new stacked up Panther is to see how Marchment went from being on the top line to being on the very edge out of the line up, I like him a lot and would be a shame to see him gomne.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Solid potential if he pans out and we can easily move on from him if he looks bad.
No downside here really.

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
LW/RW

Boughner barely played him, he spent most of the time with Mac and Haley (earlier thought Thornton still played that year, but remembered wrong) on the 4th line. Some games with the likes of Sceviour, McCann and McGinn on the 3rd line.
Didn’t we win like 7 games in row when he was in the lineup.? Not consecutively though as he was always bouncing in and out.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I didn't mind Bob Boughner, but by far my biggest criticism of him as coach of the Panthers was that he seemed to believe in ice time and role being given rather than earned.

One reason why we're not really sure what to expect with Mamin is that Boughner, even when he dressed the guy, basically didn't even put him on the ice. I expect Joel Quenneville will give him a fair shot and allow him the opportunity to sink or swim on his actual merit.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I didn't mind Bob Boughner, but by far my biggest criticism of him as coach of the Panthers was that he seemed to believe in ice time and role being given rather than earned.

One reason why we're not really sure what to expect with Mamin is that Boughner, even when he dressed the guy, basically didn't even put him on the ice. I expect Joel Quenneville will give him a fair shot and allow him the opportunity to sink or swim on his actual merit.

one of the things that should be apparent at this point is how difficult it is to build a competitive culture when you don't have the depth to create real competition for playing time.

i always liked mamin - his motor was always going. good size and speed and decent hands. i'm hoping he'll get/generate more scoring chances playing with our improved bottom six and help balance out our scoring.

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019

I always liked the potential he showed, with very limited opportunity.

Bob B did him zero favors, and based on the names listed previously for most of the 4th line minutes at that time, he had no reason to not give the kid a chance to prove what he was capable of.

IMHO, very dumb move...

Reactions: iam76

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad