Confirmed with Link: Maxim Mamin returning to Panthers from KHL, 975k for one year

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Mamin isn't guaranteed to score 20 goals with 3rd line minutes and neither is Duclair if Reinhart goes to the 1st line. imo Mamin should be considered as a 4th line player.

We need to clear cap room and roster room. Vatrano is probably not in the long term plans, and has a little bit of value, thus he's the one on his way out.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
We need to clear cap room and roster room. Vatrano is probably not in the long term plans, and has a little bit of value, thus he's the one on his way out.

There's no valid reason to move him after the Stralman trade. The Cats have $10mil of cap space remaining. Re-signing Reinhart, Mamin and Lamm takes up ~$8.5mil. Vatrano is a rental at this stage.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Deep forward group now. Mamin was good last 2 years in the KHL it seems. Matured and more experience now, maybe can give us some depth up front. Need guys like him, Marchment, Lomberg in the playoffs as we know. Low risk deal.

Reactions: Thomas Colavecchio

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
There's no valid reason to move him after the Stralman trade. The Cats have $10mil of cap space remaining. Re-signing Reinhart, Mamin and Lamm takes up ~$8.5mil. Vatrano is a rental at this stage.

I'd like to keep cap room for the deadline at the very least, as more top 4 D will be available then.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Deep forward group now. Mamin was good last 2 years in the KHL it seems. Matured and more experience now, maybe can give us some depth up front. Need guys like him, Marchment, Lomberg in the playoffs as we know. Low risk deal.

Yeah I saw a couple of his goals from this season, nice hands.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I'd like to keep cap room for the deadline at the very least, as more top 4 D will be available then.

If e.g. Gildon or Ludvig can play bottom pairing minutes then that means Nutivaara could be traded. I think that the plan is (still) to give Q plenty of different options to try and postpone committing to a particular lineup further into the future.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
If e.g. Gildon or Ludvig can play bottom pairing minutes then that means Nutivaara could be traded. I think that the plan is (still) to give Q plenty of different options to try and postpone committing to a particular lineup further into the future.

I doubt Gildon or Ludvig get a serious chance in camp. I 'm also suspicious of Nuti's value, I'm not sure we could move him without giving up something else.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Kinda surprised actually. I did always like him when we had him and thought he should’ve been a full timer on the 4th. Never understood why they didn’t keep him in the lineup at the time. Nice depth to have. Not sure if he cracks the lineup right now though

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I would be trading him for defenseman. This team is stacked up front and thin as f*** on the blue line.

We're a Weegar injury away from having a rookie bottom pairing.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I would be trading him for defenseman. This team is stacked up front and thin as f*** on the blue line.

We're a Weegar injury away from having a rookie bottom pairing.

I think that the entire point of Zito's approach to building this team is to keep it stacked.

Zito still has some cap space left for a guy like Murray.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Keeping it stacked is why I’m more confident and hopeful for this upcoming season than I’ve ever been. Depth has been our biggest issue getting to the next level. Like this might be the first season where we have a roster full of legit NHLers not just a mix with AHLers. If we don’t make the playoffs and go past the first round, I’ll consider this a failure of a season. We are going to be rolling with 4 forward lines and got rid of the biggest liability in defense. If Bob just turns it around, we are going to be a hard team to beat.

Reactions: gizmo12688

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I really wanna see Mamin back. Top 6 role tho? I dont know. Then again Barkov could work his magic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad