Prospect Info: Max Willman (2014, 121st) – '18-19: Boston Univ. #16 (NCAA)

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I read somewhere yesterday that Tkachuk was returning to BU next year and so they rescinded Willman's deal. It wasn't an official post, just hearsay.

I thought the report said "a"grad student. I think some made an assumption it was Willman. But I don't think there was a name attached. I could be wrong though.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
If he is a grad student, he must have graduated from Brown no? If he graduated his rights expire also no? He is not transferring he is re registering as a graduate student, i.e. in possession of his bachelors degree. I thought the rights expire after they leave school or graduate. Could be mistaken though.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
If he is a grad student, he must have graduated from Brown no? If he graduated his rights expire also no? He is not transferring he is re registering as a graduate student, i.e. in possession of his bachelors degree. I thought the rights expire after they leave school or graduate. Could be mistaken though.
You're way too bogged down in technicalities. If he's staying in school, and still retains NCAA eligibility, there's no particular reason to assume his draft rights expire.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
I thought graduate students paid their own way.
This wouldn't be a graduate student necessarily pursuing an advanced degree.

It just means he graduated early in his undergrad major, which allows him to freely transfer to another school that has a different program he would like to enroll in that is not available at his present school.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
You're way too bogged down in technicalities. If he's staying in school, and still retains NCAA eligibility, there's no particular reason to assume his draft rights expire.
I'm sure the NCAA eligibility is key here. I doubt it's any different than any other redshirting situation. If he didn't have eligibility but went back to school anyhow I'd assume he'd become a free agent.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Is Willman really on the radar for a contract anyways? I mean, if his rights did lapse would it even be that big of a deal?

Deleted member 27798

Good ole' Max. One of my under the radar guys in rookie camp every summer. After a promising junior year, it seems to have gone off the rails.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad