Max Pacioretty.

• Thread starter JonathanToews19clutc*
  • Start date

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Clarkson would fit the bill nicely.

Agreed. You know Bergevin is busy making his list and checking it twice (hoping to land someone naughty, not nice). Clarkson is much more possible than Bickell right now. So is MacArthur (sp?) from the Leafs.

But you know what, there's a good chance we'll end up abstaining from any of these big names this year. Unless an amazing deal presents itself, I don't see Bergevin blowing the budget on Clarkson, Bickell or any of 'em. We fans may have to be patient as the team spends the next season developing another couple of prospects, filling gaps with cheap rentals and - maybe - saving up for the bigger UFA fish that are stocking the waters next summer. We may have to wait for 2014/15 to see the team really go for it.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
First time I read that first line I saw: Max Pacioretty could develop be like Carey Price (less hands) for the Habs?

And I was like WTF?....

Come here coffee....

Yeah, one cup definitely helps the focus.

But then after three you can't stop posting.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Agreed. You know Bergevin is busy making his list and checking it twice (hoping to land someone naughty, not nice). Clarkson is much more possible than Bickell right now. So is MacArthur (sp?) from the Leafs.

But you know what, there's a good chance we'll end up abstaining from any of these big names this year. Unless an amazing deal presents itself, I don't see Bergevin blowing the budget on Clarkson, Bickell or any of 'em. We fans may have to be patient as the team spends the next season developing another couple of prospects, filling gaps with cheap rentals and - maybe - saving up for the bigger UFA fish that are stocking the waters next summer. We may have to wait for 2014/15 to see the team really go for it.

Very true and I am pretty sure if MB does go after some fresh blood, he said himself it will be someone he can sign long term. Clarkson would be the guy.
He is a pure right winger and only 29 years old. Im hoping he becomes a hab.

Malakhov

Nov 30, 2003
Montreal, QC
Visit site
Max is a good player, not in the same league as perry. Hes a big body but doesnt use it as he should, hes a sniper and nothing else and disapears when it gets ugly. Never seen such a strong player shy from tough play like max does...such a shame.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
He's not as good as Perry. Bum. Trade him for future consideration so we can have more cap space for Vinny.

dmanfish90

How about 76 for 25?
Jan 5, 2011
Newmarket, Ontario
They shouldn't play together.

I disagree 100%. Max had his best years in Hamilton when DD was signed and then the half season they came up together, they played well. Then the following season adding Cole, they played amazing.

I don't understand the reasoning (or lack thereof) of why they shouldn't be on the same line...

Absolutely. Find this guy a big, hairy winger to act as Pacioretty's personal deflection-board. One of Pacioretty's strengths is his laser-beam wrist shot. When he's on, the guy's a professional pickpocket. He shouldn't be the guy camped in front of the net, he should be the one shooting to the guy in front of the net. That guy won't be DD, so yes, another Cole-like forward is needed. The guy's a shooter - let him shoot.

That said, Pacioretty still needs to find his inner beast and use his size more, but for the purposes of digging for the puck in the corners and driving into the O-zone.

If you (and by you, I mean this thread) wanna compare MaxPac to Perry, then saying he needs to find his inner beast and use his size more is the incorrect way for MaxPac to go. What he needs to do is be able to maintain possession effectively (along the boards, open ice, etc.), shoot more effectively, and definitely crash the net. MaxPac went away from this at times this year (the crashing the net part).

Also if you want MaxPac to have a 50-goal season ever, he'll need to be on our top line playing with a skilled playmaking forward and another forward of similar skill level or much higher physicality (a la Bickell or Clarkson).

First time I read that first line I saw: Max Pacioretty could develop be like Carey Price (less hands) for the Habs?

And I was like WTF?....

Come here coffee....

LOL I did too. Then i did a double take. Coffee indeed helped cure that.

Corey Perry is a superstar.
Max is a good player.

Max is a good player, not in the same league as perry. Hes a big body but doesnt use it as he should, hes a sniper and nothing else and disapears when it gets ugly. Never seen such a strong player shy from tough play like max does...such a shame.

You guys have to realize that Corey Perry didn't elevate his game really until 2010-11, which he was 26 years old by season's end. MaxPac is 24 right now and I could definitely see him playing at that level, ONLY if they get much better skill with him (say Galchenyuk in 2 years time) and maybe some size on that line as well (Clarkson, 2014 UFAs, etc.). Perry was very fortunate to play with a guy like Getzlaf to make space for him and allow him to put up a 98 point, 50 goal season. Who does MaxPac have? David ****ing Desharnais :rolleyes:

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
I think Pacioretty has all the tools to score 40 goals one day, and I can see it happening if we sign Lecavalier and MT plays them together.

Malakhov

Nov 30, 2003
Montreal, QC
Visit site
I think Pacioretty has all the tools to score 40 goals one day, and I can see it happening if we sign Lecavalier and MT plays them together.

Pacioretty - lecavalier - gallagher
I can only dream...

If we could get lecavalier and get rid of desharnais i would be so happy... this would leave us with lecavalier, galchenyuk, plekanec and eller at center. We could play galchenyuk at the wing to wait and see if eller is the real deal and/or when we get rid of plekanec and move him to center. Very good center depth all of a sudden if this would happen...

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
If you (and by you, I mean this thread) wanna compare MaxPac to Perry, then saying he needs to find his inner beast and use his size more is the incorrect way for MaxPac to go. What he needs to do is be able to maintain possession effectively (along the boards, open ice, etc.), shoot more effectively, and definitely crash the net. MaxPac went away from this at times this year (the crashing the net part).

Also if you want MaxPac to have a 50-goal season ever, he'll need to be on our top line playing with a skilled playmaking forward and another forward of similar skill level or much higher physicality (a la Bickell or Clarkson).

Actually, I said almost exactly the same thing as you just did. Max's 'inner beast' will help his game only when it comes to keeping and recovering the puck. There's room for improvement when it comes to aggressively pursuing the puck in a scrum, or fighting off defensemen when he has the puck. However, once he's got the puck, as I said, he's a shooting machine (he led the team in shots the past two seasons) who should keep shooting. As Lafleurs Guy originally said (which I agreed with), Max's strength isn't necessarily as a power forward. That role could be better filled by a Bickell-esque winger who could deflect Max's photon torpedoes into the net.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Pacioretty - lecavalier - gallagher
I can only dream...

If we could get lecavalier and get rid of desharnais i would be so happy... this would leave us with lecavalier, galchenyuk, plekanec and eller at center. We could play galchenyuk at the wing to wait and see if eller is the real deal and/or when we get rid of plekanec and move him to center. Very good center depth all of a sudden if this would happen...

You (and others) keep writing off Plekanec, even though he'll be the same age as Lecavalier in three years and is almost never injured. Plekanec will still be in his prime while Lecavalier has declined into a soft, 30-point forward. Why would anyone see Vinny over Pleks in our long term plans?

Malakhov

Nov 30, 2003
Montreal, QC
Visit site
You (and others) keep writing off Plekanec, even though he'll be the same age as Lecavalier in three years and is almost never injured. Plekanec will still be in his prime while Lecavalier has declined into a soft, 30-point forward. Why would anyone see Vinny over Pleks in our long term plans?

I write off plekanec because hes a good season player and thats it. Come playoffs he plays like a girl. Tired of that kind of players.

Lionel Mandrake

Absolutely. Find this guy a big, hairy winger to act as Pacioretty's personal deflection-board. One of Pacioretty's strengths is his laser-beam wrist shot. When he's on, the guy's a professional pickpocket. He shouldn't be the guy camped in front of the net, he should be the one shooting to the guy in front of the net. That guy won't be DD, so yes, another Cole-like forward is needed. The guy's a shooter - let him shoot.

That said, Pacioretty still needs to find his inner beast and use his size more, but for the purposes of digging for the puck in the corners and driving into the O-zone.

I think Bourque can be that guy. I like him better on his off wing anyway.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Let's hope he doesn't over train this summer. He needs to respect his body. IMO, he over did it last summer and his body couldn't keep up.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I write off plekanec because hes a good season player and thats it. Come playoffs he plays like a girl. Tired of that kind of players.

You should try actually watching playoff games instead of listening to what RDS says.

Plekanec is the exact same player in the playoffs as he is in the regular season. If anything, he has to do more defensively since he's more consistently forced to play against top tier centers.

Malakhov

Nov 30, 2003
Montreal, QC
Visit site
You should try actually watching playoff games instead of listening to what RDS says.

Plekanec is the exact same player in the playoffs as he is in the regular season. If anything, he has to do more defensively since he's more consistently forced to play against top tier centers.

Maybe you should follow your own advice and rewatch the last playoff games and concentrate on plekanec. Too bad for you i dont watch rds, season ticket holder here. Either live games or english broadcast.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Maybe you should follow your own advice and rewatch the last playoff games and concentrate on plekanec. Too bad for you i dont watch rds, season ticket holder here. Either live games or english broadcast.

Plekanec was bad in the playoffs last year...yet less bad than probably 90% of his teammates. He had 2 awful games (including the last one where every single person on the team gave up), yet he lead the team in assists.

Nice cherry picking though. If sucking in last years playoffs make you a little girl, everyone on this team except Prust, Bourque, and Subban are little girls.

If Bourque was going to be this kind of player he'd have become it by now. That guy could be so much better. What a waste of talent.

Was he really a waste? He was undrafted for a reason. Limited skills, low hockey IQ and without the drive and desire to make up for it. Bourque is what he is, and his value to this team tells us how badly we need improved wingers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad