Max Pacioretty.

• Thread starter JonathanToews19clutc*
  • Start date

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I like how Patches is progressing. He's putting up more points, scoring more while hitting more. I think this shows promise, considering many of us felt he was streaky compared to his previous seasons and that he was paired with DD, who didn't play so great.

He needs to be more physical and be less afraid of going in front of the net. He has a great shot and should use it. He has great size and should learn to use it even more. He may not be the one you ultimately want in front of the net. But until we get a player who fills that role, Max needs to go there where it's dirty form time to time.

I don't know who we can compare him to (for instance Perry as you mention). Or if he'll ever be as good as them. But I'm definitely not disappointed of how he's grown in just a few seasons.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I think people are too hard on him. He's our best winger by a long-shot and he was stuck with an awful Desharnais most of the season. Hopefully he gets a better fit next year.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I like the guy but.. he can't pass.

There were times he made really bad passes but there were also times he made some ridiculously awesome passes.

I liked that he was trying to add some finesse to his game this past year. He still needs to be more consistent. Put him with Eller or Galchenyuk and he'd put up huge numbers in the near future.

He can definitely be better but he still puts up very good numbers. Hope he can continute to develop.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Really hope he recovers well from his injury, I expect a bounce back year from both DD and Pacioretty.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
They shouldn't play together.

They seem to think differently, so do the coaches. I wouldn't mind seeing Pacioretty moved off of his wing but, in terms of goalscoring, I'm not sure we have a better center for him. Though he is not very strong at anything else, DD is our best playmaker IMO. If we're going to keep DD, there aren't many other options unless we plan on having a very unbalanced lineup.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
This is where it would be nice to have a power forward. Max isn't a power forward but it would be awesome to pair him with one. Playing with bigger tougher guys gives you courage. When your pivot is DD and YOU have to be the big guy on the ice it hampers you somewhat.

Max should be getting a little dirtier. He doesn't have to be Shanahan but a little more grit would be great. Regardless he's a solid winger and might manage to hit 40 goals at some point. That's good enough for me.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I like the guy but.. he can't pass.

im sure whitesnake can tell me if im wrong, but im pretty sure he was drafted more as a passer than a goal scorer. in fact, he said that he credits DD for turning him into a goalscorer.

him and dd had a very average year, they got points but **** me how they got them... they were bad and invisible at times. still our best winger though. although he never was all that physical, he needs to find the old pacioretty, the one that used to crash the net and the one that would generally not give a ****.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
This is where it would be nice to have a power forward. Max isn't a power forward but it would be awesome to pair him with one. Playing with bigger tougher guys gives you courage. When your pivot is DD and YOU have to be the big guy on the ice it hampers you somewhat.

Max should be getting a little dirtier. He doesn't have to be Shanahan but a little more grit would be great. Regardless he's a solid winger and might manage to hit 40 goals at some point. That's good enough for me.

Absolutely. Find this guy a big, hairy winger to act as Pacioretty's personal deflection-board. One of Pacioretty's strengths is his laser-beam wrist shot. When he's on, the guy's a professional pickpocket. He shouldn't be the guy camped in front of the net, he should be the one shooting to the guy in front of the net. That guy won't be DD, so yes, another Cole-like forward is needed. The guy's a shooter - let him shoot.

That said, Pacioretty still needs to find his inner beast and use his size more, but for the purposes of digging for the puck in the corners and driving into the O-zone.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Absolutely. Find this guy a big, hairy winger to act as Pacioretty's personal deflection-board. One of Pacioretty's strengths is his laser-beam wrist shot. When he's on, the guy's a professional pickpocket. He shouldn't be the guy camped in front of the net, he should be the one shooting to the guy in front of the net. That guy won't be DD, so yes, another Cole-like forward is needed. The guy's a shooter - let him shoot.

That said, Pacioretty still needs to find his inner beast and use his size more, but for the purposes of digging for the puck in the corners and driving into the O-zone.

someone like, say, Bickell?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
im sure whitesnake can tell me if im wrong, but im pretty sure he was drafted more as a passer than a goal scorer. in fact, he said that he credits DD for turning him into a goalscorer.

him and dd had a very average year, they got points but **** me how they got them... they were bad and invisible at times. still our best winger though. although he never was all that physical, he needs to find the old pacioretty, the one that used to crash the net and the one that would generally not give a ****.

Max has become - by far - the Habs' biggest shooter the past two seasons. Rumour is he left the US because the NRA was preparing to ban his kind of rapid-fire magazine.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario

Clarkson would fit the bill nicely.

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
I like him a lot. Last year he seemed to play injured most of the time, and it effected his confidence in sweeping in towards the net. He's a guy that benefits greatly from a having a savvy passer on his line, which is why him and DD click well. With health and renewed confidence next year, i fully expect them both to bounce back.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
First time I read that first line I saw: Max Pacioretty could develop be like Carey Price (less hands) for the Habs?

And I was like WTF?....

Come here coffee....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad