Max Pacioretty

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
It's obvious that wen playing big team or physical teams(especialy TO) this line become less effective, mainly DD.
I would like to see this

Gallagher-Plek-Ryder
Bourque-DD-Max
Chuck-Eller-Gionta
Moen-Halpern-Prust

subbang76

I CAN SPEAK FRENCH!
Nov 26, 2011
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Bourque - Eller - Ryder
Prust - Galchenyuk - Gionta
Moen - Halpern - Blunden

Markov - Subban
Gorges - Beaulieu
Drewiskie - The Cube

Change the line-ups. getting tired of the same old **** that hasn't been effective in the last couple of games. Desharnais sits in the pressbox to watch a few games. It's time for Eller and Galchenyuk to shine!!!

Habcentric

Jan 24, 2013
I have wanted to say this for a few games now, but i know if i did i would be screamed at and called an idiot. But though way more skilled Pacs lately seems alot like Latandresse. He is big and skilled but wants to play the finesse game.
I know pacs has the skill to snipe but he is a big body and he has to get in those dirty areas. When Gally and Gionta are the only two who get in the goalies face and you have Pacs sitting behind the half circle, there is something wrong.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
What i hate about pacioretty :
- streaky player
- terrible one on one offensively
- confidence issues
- not driving the net.

what i like :
- great shot
- amazing skater
- Everything goes in when hot.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Yeah, this DD/Gallagher/Pacioretty combo is just a disaster:

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat..._s&f2=5v5&f5=MTL&f7=20-&c=0+1+3+5+17+18+19+20

3 of the 4 best points per 60 minutes of ES hockey on the team.

Hell, don't bench him. Send DD to Hamilton post haste:laugh:

EDIT: For a league-wide perspective, check this out:

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat..._s&f2=5v5&f7=20-&c=0+1+3+5+17+18+19+20#snip=f

Pacioretty is 12th in the league in ES points/60 minutes

If this is cause for concern, then God forbid what would constitute acceptable play to a good portion of this board's posters.

Gallagher is 14th in the league in this stat and DD is a-gasp!!!-72nd. Really awful stuff. LOL

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Yeah, this DD/Gallagher/Pacioretty combo is just a disaster:

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...f2=5v5&f5=MTL&f7=20-&c=0+1+3+5+17+18+19+20+24

3 of the 4 best points per 60 minutes of ES hockey on the team.

Hell, don't bench him. Send DD to Hamilton post haste:laugh:

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...2=5v5&f5=MTL&f7=20-&c=0+1+3+5+17+18+19+20+24#

They are liability defensively. They don't produce consistently enough offensively to be worth the risk defensively.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Mostly from the beginning of the year's problems. Save percentage has been abysmal when this line has been on as well.

DD is 63 worst, so he's a wash in any case.
The line was at it's best earlier in the season. I don't get why it's so taboo to consider leveling up the lines. This season's success is based on depth not one line. Making the top 3 lines more even and dangerous suits the team better.

The line also has the highest shooting%.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The line was at it's best earlier in the season. I don't get why it's so taboo to consider leveling up the lines. This season's success is based on depth not one line. Making the top 3 lines more even and dangerous suits the team better.

The line also has the highest shooting%.

Nothing wrong with shaking the lines up. Hell, bench DD for a game or two.

My only point is that the "sky is falling/kill the midget" crowd (of which you're not a part), is missing the fact that this line is generating more than their fair share of points. In fact, in MP and Gallagher's cases, about their maximum amount-or very close to it. The notion that DD is killing them is, well, stupid.

Also, MP is #136 in the worst ga category and Gallaggher is #101. DD is #63. Offensively they rank #12/#14/#72, so overall their "defensive liabilities" are more than offset by their offensive prowess and they create more goals than are scored than what are scored against them.

Last edited:

Drive425

Jul 24, 2006
St Louis Du Haha
Trade DD+ to Colorado for Stastny in the off season. Yes, big 6.6 mill for 1 year but Pac looked good with Stastny for the US team.

Stastny needs a change of venue and would fit well with the Habs. Might take abit more from us but we would be taking back that contract and they are in rebuild mode.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Trade DD+ to Colorado for Stastny in the off season. Yes, big 6.6 mill for 1 year but Pac looked good with Stastny for the US team.

Stastny needs a change of venue and would fit well with the Habs. Might take abit more from us but we would be taking back that contract and they are in rebuild mode.

What it would take to get him? DD + prospect + 2nd round pick? After what Giguère said I'm not sure if I want him with this team.:laugh:[

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Patches is a pretty 1 dimensional north-south kinda player (kinda like Kessel-lite). When he's not driving the net hard, getting involved physically, or going to the slot to get good chances, he's not going to score. That's probably why he's been struggling, because he hasn't really been doing that really the last month or so.

Habtchum*

Patches is a pretty 1 dimensional north-south kinda player (kinda like Kessel-lite). When he's not driving the net hard, getting involved physically, or going to the slot to get good chances, he's not going to score. That's probably why he's been struggling, because he hasn't really been doing that really the last month or so.

What about all the small injuries he suffered so far this year ?

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
What about all the small injuries he suffered so far this year ?
Could be a factor as well, but as for that we probably won't know until after the season if he's been playing hurt. If he has, that explains things (kinda like Bourque last year).

He could be missing Cole.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
1-Hire one of the Old spice manly-man. (Terry Crew would work wonders)
2- Have him and Terry in a closed room
3- Tell Terry to scream manly things at him
4-???
5-Goals.

No seriously, he just needs to sit down with MT and MT just needs to tell him to shoot, shoot, shoot, hit, hit, hit, grind, grind, grind, skate, skate, skate.

Thats what he his, thats how he had success, thats how he will and thats everything he will ever be.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Nothing wrong with shaking the lines up. Hell, bench DD for a game or two.

My only point is that the "sky is falling/kill the midget" crowd (of which you're not a part), is missing the fact that this line is generating more than their fair share of points. In fact, in MP and Gallagher's cases, about their maximum amount-or very close to it. The notion that DD is killing them is, well, stupid.

Also, MP is #136 in the worst ga category and Gallaggher is #101. DD is #63. Offensively they rank #12/#14/#72, so overall their "defensive liabilities" are more than offset by their offensive prowess and they create more goals than are scored than what are scored against them.

Not quite as if that line is shutdown offensively, which it is more often than not - everyone is on the line except Gallagher is streaky, then it provides a negative presence. This isn't a playoff friendly line. Right now, 20 year old rookie Gallagher pretty much creates most of the offense on the line. I want to see them sheltered in a sense that they won't be on for so many goals against and still be able to create offense.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...f4=C+LW+RW&f5=MTL&c=0+1+3+5+17+18+19+24+25+23

I want to have a balanced 3 line attack where the opposition will have a ton of issues trying to match lines.

Line 1 - Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher:
top 2 offensive players with worst defensive production with team's best defensive production forward who can keep up offensively.

Line 2 - Bourque - Desharnais - Ryder:
Bourque has similar defensive production to Plekanec and kills penalties. Has size/speed. Might be able to shelter DD and Ryder and let them produce as 2 of the top point producers on the team.

Line 3 - Galchenyuk - Eller - Gionta:
Galchenyuk has one of the highest offensive productions on the team playing mostly with Eller. Gionta adds defensive production with some offense to help Galchenyuk play against tougher lines.

'Kill the midget' is to make the team more balanced. Habs almost literally have half the league's super-undersized players (3/7). Having multiple midgets limits the team's options in terms of making lineups - DD likely won't ever be on a line with Gionta, Pacioretty unlikely to be split from DD. I don't mind having one midget, maybe two if Gallagher is consider one since he's versatile. Having them as 1/4 of the lineup? IMO too much.

Oct 22, 2012
I like that top line, finally give patches/gally some non sheltered minutes, giving other lines opportunity to shine offensively.

Not opposed to Gionta on that third line either (not really a third line but you know). Adds more speed to a fast line.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Yes! I've been campaigning for this line for a month. Galchenyuk is significantly better at centre and he had some great chemistry with Gallagher. Pacioretty is reduced to little more than a glorified grinder thanks to the horrid play of Desharnais this season. It's about time Therrien makes some adjustments.

With 32 points in 37 games... we could use more grinders like him. Unless you mean that in the same way that Crosby is a glorified grinder - his game, not his talent. And in no way am I comparing Patches to Crosby. :laugh:

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Since 2010-2011, Pacioretty is 31st in the NHL with 99 pts in 117 games.
Also 23rd in goals with 45.

He will produce for the team so stop worrying guys... he's actually producing even better this year (34 pts in 38 games... 0.89 PPG vs 0.82 PPG last year)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad