Max Pacioretty

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher please

Yes! I've been campaigning for this line for a month. Galchenyuk is significantly better at centre and he had some great chemistry with Gallagher. Pacioretty is reduced to little more than a glorified grinder thanks to the horrid play of Desharnais this season. It's about time Therrien makes some adjustments.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Ask Carolina if Cam Ward can come practice with Pacioretty. Have him try lobs from the red line until one goes in.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Get him a real NHL center

Like the guy who passed it right to his stick for an empty net? (BTW, I'm no big fan of DD's lately).

Patch has had lots of opportunities to score lately, and to his credit he uses his explosiveness to drive to the net (at least from the blueline) with the puck on his stick (one handed). He USED to go around guys, or deke them. This year, he just cannot beat guys, similar to how Cole did it last year, but now can't. His shot used to be deadly, a lot like Lupul, this year, high, wide, out of the rink. Is he not getting time in with the team psych? He's so much better than the way he's playing. Used to lead this team effort-wise, now Gally does.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Oh look, another thread for you to bash Desharnais in with ridiculous claims.

We should make a thread for any other subject than DD and try to see in how many posts we come back to him.

I start...."Gorges is having a whole lot of problems". "Oh Yeah? Well it is pretty tough to defend properly when your centermen doesn't help you down low?" "Oh you mean like DD isn't able to?" "Yep."

4 phrases. Who can do better? :D

By the way, Pacioretty has his own self to blame. Whoever is his centerman, winger or mother, he CLEARLY is way too passive out there and doesn't implicate himself in the play.

PricePkPatch*

How do we get him going?

Well, for one, I leave that nasty business in MT's hand. That's his job, and he's miles ahead of us on the subject.

PricePkPatch*

I guess we should close this message board then.

Yes. Because the only topic we can discuss here is how to make a struggling player get back into his game.

You know, something we have absolutely no control. Something that is extremely intangible in the first place that sport professional have to struggle with it every years.

At best we can remotely psycho-analyse the guy or try to take potshots at his linesmates, but none of that will even remotely matter. It's not even a discussion regarding the quality of one's player: it's amateurism speculation in the dark.

There are thousands of discussion topics which will yield better discussion than a bonehead topic regarding "how can player X get better"

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I don't get how we can relate Max Pacioretty's performance to David Desharnais when Brendan Gallagher is working his ass off and scoring goals on that line.

Maybe we should relate Max Pacioretty's performance to Max Pacioretty? Maybe Max Pacioretty isn't doing well because of Max Pacioretty.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Pacioretty has his own self to blame. Whoever is his centerman, winger or mother, he CLEARLY is way too passive out there and doesn't implicate himself in the play.

!!!!!!!!!.

Someone who watches hockey and doesn't let his man crushes get in the way of objective analysis.

It's not DD's fault that Patches has reverted to playing like he did under Martin.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
We should make a thread for any other subject than DD and try to see in how many posts we come back to him.

I start...."Gorges is having a whole lot of problems". "Oh Yeah? Well it is pretty tough to defend properly when your centermen doesn't help you down low?" "Oh you mean like DD isn't able to?" "Yep."

4 phrases. Who can do better? :D

By the way, Pacioretty has his own self to blame. Whoever is his centerman, winger or mother, he CLEARLY is way too passive out there and doesn't implicate himself in the play.
No doubt DD and Patches are struggling. I wouldn't mind switch Patch and Bourque to see the outcome. But to call Desharnais not an NHL center is just so ridiculously stupid, lol. On the same lines of calling Price a bad goalie (when he's very solid).

So much hate around the boards this year compared to last. Almost seems like people hate winning. :laugh:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
First, the line is all wrong:

1- 2 too small players on the same line. They get knock off the puck pretty easily. Opponent game plan: Hit them.

2- Gallagher needs a little bit of protection out there, DD give him absolutely none, and Pacioretty is not the roughest for his size.

3- Pacioretty, we know him as a sniper, but he can be a pretty good playmaker......but he need his linesmates to be able to snipes it, and Gally is the only one able to do it.

Change of line is needed and fast.
But it hink MT will be doing that.

Last night they've played only 14m with PP time.

One thing that scares me the most, is that EVERY players on that teams is doing better than last year (except for Moen).
Bourque, Plekanec, Eller, Subban, Diaz, Emelin.......
All the kids coming in are doing good (Beaulieu, Gally, Chuckie)
All our new acquisition (Prust, Bouillon, Halpern)

Cole-DD-Pacioretty seems to be the only players doing worst.
Were they pissed about not having to get 18-19minutes a night?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad