Eklund Rumor: Max Pacioretty trade underway (SEE WARNINGS IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
Yea tolvenen isn't going anyway. But Allard could be packaged in there I think Gaudreau could be added as well. He could be in you guys bottom 6 night 1. He's having a hard time getting in our line up even though he showed out in the playoffs 2 years ago. Allard Gaudreau and a 1st?

We have more options than we need already for those spots.

You gotta understand the Habs position in this. They only have three players on their roster that can arguably net them the return they would need to rebuild: Pacioretty, Weber and Price. Byron and Petry could return something good, but not to the extent of the first three. Bergevin is not a good GM...but even he probably (or hopefully) realizes that he has to hit a homerun with Pacioretty. Which is why I fully expect him to either...

a) Find a team that Pacioretty is willing to sign an extension with, and one that is actually willing to give him one and pay a key prospect + 1st in return right now.
or
b) Wait until the deadline, and get a similar return from a top-team that wants to go all-in.

Reality is many teams aren't willing to pay the price right now, not knowing how good their season is going to be...they just don't want to be the next Ottawa. Some GM would also feel more comfortable paying that price knowing that last year was an anomaly for Pacioretty. Now some may say Pacioretty must be traded before the beginning of the season, and in an ideal world, I would entirely agree. But if you can't get the deal you're looking for, why do it ? Worked like a charm for Colorado with Duchene. And there's a lot of things that Pacioretty isn't...but one thing he is, is a consummate professional. Pacioretty knows he has too much on the line this season for him not to show up, or not play 100%.

If I'm Bergevin...I'm taking my time getting the deal I'm looking for. And what you're offering just isn't that, as this would only help the rebuild in a rather small way, considering I fully expect Nashville to do very well this season.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
We have more options than we need already for those spots.

You gotta understand the Habs position in this. They only have three players on their roster that can arguably net them the return they would need to rebuild: Pacioretty, Weber and Price. Byron and Petry could return something good, but not to the extent of the first three. Bergevin is not a good GM...but even he probably (or hopefully) realizes that he has to hit a homerun with Pacioretty. Which is why I fully expect him to either...

a) Find a team that Pacioretty is willing to sign an extension with, and one that is actually willing to give him one and pay a key prospect + 1st in return right now.
or
b) Wait until the deadline, and get a similar return from a top-team that wants to go all-in.

Reality is many teams aren't willing to pay the price right now, not knowing how good their season is going to be...they just don't want to be the next Ottawa. Some GM would also feel more comfortable paying that price knowing that last year was an anomaly for Pacioretty. Now some may say Pacioretty must be traded before the beginning of the season, and in an ideal world, I would entirely agree. But if you can't get the deal you're looking for, why do it ? Worked like a charm for Colorado with Duchene. And there's a lot of things that Pacioretty isn't...but one thing he is, is a consummate professional. Pacioretty knows he has too much on the line this season for him not to show up, or not play 100%.

If I'm Bergevin...I'm taking my time getting the deal I'm looking for. And what you're offering just isn't that, as this would only help the rebuild in a rather small way, considering I fully expect Nashville to do very well this season.
I get it and I think if Bergevin would of handle this differently he could of got some really good pieces for patches. But I think the way he is handling this is lowering his value. I hope you get what you want because I think he can really bounce back. I just don't think gms will want to sign him long term just yet without seeing a sample that last year was just a down year. Therefore I think he'll be dealt truly as a rental. And to be honest pacioretty might hold out on extension talks( unless he gets what he wants) to prove he still has it in the right situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad