Proposal: Max Pac to Carolina

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
If Carolina trade their 1st (I don't believe they would), I'm pretty sure it would be top-10 protected.

Would something like:
Pacioretty (if you can reach a contract agreement with him) + Lindgren
for
2 of (Fleury/Bean/Gauthier/1st top-10 protected) + 3rd/4th

I'm only talking about value because I really don't see Carolina giving a big return (or even be interested) for Pacioretty when they're trying to trade Skinner.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Gauthier does nothing for us but add a French name, which nobody should care for.

And unless that trade is made at the draft and we KNOW where it stands, a 1st wont cut it either. That pick could be 15th for all we know.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Gauthier does nothing for us but add a French name, which nobody should care for.

And unless that trade is made at the draft and we KNOW where it stands, a 1st wont cut it either. That pick could be 15th for all we know.

I don't think a UFA Pacioretty is worth a top 10 1st, so I would be more then happy with the 15th overall. Realistically, the team who will trade for Pac will probably be a playoff team who need to add punch. So a 1st for him will be between 17th and 31th. And we can't wait at the draft to trade Pacioretty, because he'll have no trade value at that point.

For Gauthier, it's more about the rebuild than adding a French name. If we want to rebuild and be a good team in 3-4-5 years, we need depth at W (and D). He's 20, a perfect age to fit with all the C we just drafted (and Poehling, Ikonen, Bitten, etc), and he's big (something we lack).

That being said, I don't really know if he's still on the right track to be an NHLer, I thought I have seen some report at the end of last season that he didn't made a bad impression in the AHL (he was 19 and put up 16 goals). If I'm mistaken and he doesn't have a real shot to be a middle-6 W in the NHL, you're right, he's not worth it. But anyway, he was never the center piece in any proposal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad