Max Friberg - Skövde IK, SWE Div 1

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Max Friberg

Where do you see this guy getting drafted? Do you see him as an early 2nd rounder? Later than that? Higher than that?

Could I get some Swedes to give me a bit of a well rounded scouting report on him? I like his game just from reading alot but have only seen him play 2-3 times, and that was on TV.

Here's also a new piece on him from Dan Sallows.

http://dansallows.com/interview-max-friberg/

DowJones

Aug 30, 2008
From a very limited viewing my impression is that he is a very energetic player. Basically plays like the Duracell rabbit. On crack. Probably not enough talented for top 6 though.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
From a very limited viewing my impression is that he is a very energetic player. Basically plays like the Duracell rabbit. On crack. Probably not enough talented for top 6 though.

His junior numbers are actually pretty good and that report from Dan Sallows (I know, he's not a scout) talks about how his offense is actually better than some people think.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
His junior numbers are actually pretty good and that report from Dan Sallows (I know, he's not a scout) talks about how his offense is actually better than some people think.

He's not playing junior hockey though, he plays against men in the third tier.
Hard to say if that is better or worse than playing SuperElit against other juniors.

He's a Habs fan anyway, that's just about the only thing I can say about him that isn't obvious.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
It's a bit of a crapshoot, but he obviously did well against his peers in the world juniors. Next season will tell a whole lot more since he is said to be going to a SEL team, but obviously that's nothing the teams can wait for so they have to try value his tier3 achievements.

Early 2nd rounder? Doubt it, to me he's more a late 2nd to 4th.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
What's with the thread title?
He's never played for Järfälla.
He grew up in Skövde's system and will play for Timrå next season.

member 30781

What's with the thread title?
He's never played for Järfälla.
He grew up in Skövde's system and will play for Timrå next season.

I had my own thread title, but the mods merged it. And yes, you're right, he played for Skovde not Jarfalla. Mods should switch the title.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad