Max Domi VS Nino Neiderreiter

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
How should the refs have penalized this play? Can they even give just one fighting major? They give Nino a fighting major when he kept his gloves on and wasn't a willing combatant. Doesn't make any sense.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
How should the refs have penalized this play? Can they even give just one fighting major? They give Nino a fighting major when he kept his gloves on and wasn't a willing combatant. Doesn't make any sense.

I think the correct way to call this one would have been 4 for roughing to Domi and 2 to Nino. If you want to only give fighting to one guy you also have to give him an instigator and a 10 minute misconduct too.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I think the correct way to call this one would have been 4 for roughing to Domi and 2 to Nino. If you want to only give fighting to one guy you also have to give him an instigator and a 10 minute misconduct too.

How about just 2 for roughing to Domi and nothing to Nino...? Nino didn't even do anything worthy of a penalty, frankly.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Yes. I can't remember who got the 5 but I recall an instance where (Caps) Bengt Brent Gustafson (Spelling) Turtles on the ice and the other guy was just punching him and got the lone penalty this was prior I think to the instigator.. (Time Frame Dave Christian was on the team so 1985-87? Langway and Stephens also.)

Reactions: AzHawk

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
When is the last time you saw an instigator call? This rule isn't really trendy these days...

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Yes. I can't remember who got the 5 but I recall an instance where (Caps) Bengt Brent Gustafson (Spelling) Turtles on the ice and the other guy was just punching him and got the lone penalty this was prior I think to the instigator.. (Time Frame Dave Christian was on the team so 1985-87? Langway and Stephens also.)
I remember Souray got 17 min (2 min instigator + 5 fighting + 10 miscounduct) agaisnt Pittsburgh many years ago. The other player didn't get anything. Pittsburgh ended up with a 7 min PP

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
I remember Souray got 17 min (2 min instigator + 5 fighting + 10 miscounduct) agaisnt Pittsburgh many years ago. The other player didn't get anything. Pittsburgh ended up with a 7 min PP

That was when Colby Armstrong took a run at Koivu, and Souray being the beast he is, just said yeah your about to receive a shit kickin whether you like it or not !

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I haven't seen the video of the actual fight but sounds similar to what he did before against the dman in Carolina. Is this Domi's schtick or something? To start throwing at people not fighting?

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
I haven't seen the video of the actual fight but sounds similar to what he did before against the dman in Carolina. Is this Domi's schtick or something? To start throwing at people not fighting?
He does this quite regularly for sure. I think pretty soon he's possibly going to get burned. I can see a bigger guy taking notice to this , and do the same to him, potentially humiliating him and possibly even teaching him a valuable lesson.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Nino needs to f***ing drop them mits for fuxx sake. What a p***y for holding on to his gloves to make sure he wouldn't have to answer for his slashes and crosschecks. Guy is a grown up adult and plays hard he needs to answer the bell when he steps on the toes of the wrong guy. Props for Domi for feeding him some.

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
You want honest feedback so I’m gonna be honest...

it was boring, long and it’s just kinda dumb to highlight a fight btw Max Domi and a guy who isn’t a fighter.
And small point...why is Nino a funny name? I didn’t get that either. You know he’s from another country, right?
Sorry dude . I had some positive feedback in my inbox as well . Trying to find a balance between both

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
I dont blame Domi one bit here, they were both crosschecking and slashing and Domi had enough of it. If Nino wants peace he needs to stop pushing the enveloppe and go away.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I dont blame Domi one bit here, they were both crosschecking and slashing and Domi had enough of it. If Nino wants peace he needs to stop pushing the enveloppe and go away.

The thing is -- that stuff happens roughly a dozen of times every game, sometimes even more than that, and both were going at it in equal measure.
There shouldn't be a dozen of fights in a single game.

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010

I don't know what video you're watching but Nino didn't slash or cross check in the play leading up to the attack. Domi was the aggressor here and couldn't even beat up someone who didn't fight back.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
The thing is -- that stuff happens roughly a dozen of times every game, sometimes even more than that, and both were going at it in equal measure.
There shouldn't be a dozen of fights in a single game.
Agreed. It looks like Domi was pissed he got stripped of the puck, then Niederreiter bumps him and Domi throws a tantrum.

Niederreiter shouldn't have been penalized on the play. Not wanting to take yourself off the ice for 5 minutes to fight Domi over nothing should not be a penalty.

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
Not the first time Domi did something like this

You can definitely find more videos like these of Domi's fights.... I remember 3-4 of them from his time in Montreal. But try and find me 3-4 videos of Domi squaring off against an opponent.. Easier to find a pot of gold under a rainbow,.

Reactions: AzHawk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad