Player Discussion Max Domi - Overdue Hot Streak

Status
Not open for further replies.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Not saying that's what we need but value-wise, how so?

Gaudreau is a ppg winger, Domi's a 50 pts winger, Poehling looks like he's fallen out of flavour, and 1st pick is 16th OA - depends on the strenght of the draft I guess
Absolute awful trade. MB , for all his warts, makes good trades. This would not be one of them.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I cant remember the last time a team traded a 50pt U26 Center, a mid first and a top prospect for a winger.

"U26" like Domi is significantly younger than Gaudreau
"Top prospect", I mean Poehling does have a hat trick in the NHL - it's not like Jake Evans beat him to the race.
"for a winger", like Gaudreau is any old winger.

Edit: Domi was traded for Galchneyuk only 2 seasons ago... how is he SO valuable now?

Reactions: Redux91

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Absolute awful trade. MB , for all his warts, makes good trades. This would not be one of them.

Can you explain to me why it would be an awful trade?

For comparison, Jason Zucker got Galchenyuk, a 1st and a good prospect

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I cant remember the last time a team traded a 50pt U26 Center, a mid first and a top prospect for a winger.
Poehling isn't considered a top prospect around the league; sad to say. Especially after coming into the play in so out of shape that Belzile played ahead of him. Gaudreau is an elite forward. If we added him and signed Hall we would compete with Tampa and Boston for the division. I say this as a negative Habs fan.

Reactions: dinodebino

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
That was also a terrible trade from Pittsburgh

But Gaudreau is a much better player.

What player of this caliber has been traded for less? Just look at recent trades, and 1st picks don't hold much value. "good" prospects like Poehling also don't fetch a king's ransom. And Domi... well he was traded 2 years ago against Galchenyuk.

We all had a laugh last year about the Domi - Galch trade, but Galch could have helped in this playoff with his shot. The Domi we saw this season was not much better than Galch overall imo.

Jul 6, 2016

What player of this caliber has been traded for less? Just look at recent trades, and 1st picks don't hold much value. "good" prospects like Poehling also don't fetch a king's ransom. And Domi... well he was traded 2 years ago against Galchenyuk.

We all had a laugh last year about the Domi - Galch trade, but Galch could have helped in this playoff with his shot. The Domi we saw this season was not much better than Galch overall imo.

Did Galchy helped Minny a lot ?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
"U26" like Domi is significantly younger than Gaudreau
"Top prospect", I mean Poehling does have a hat trick in the NHL - it's not like Jake Evans beat him to the race.
"for a winger", like Gaudreau is any old winger.

Edit: Domi was traded for Galchneyuk only 2 seasons ago... how is he SO valuable now?

Here is a question for you... Lets compare to the Patch sign/trade.

1) Who's got more value? Domi today or Tatar with the Knights?

2) Who's got more value? Suzuki in his draft +1 or the 16th OA?

3) Who's got more value? Poehling or late 2nd?

Major difference is the Knights got Patch extended and yeah... Gaudreau is worth more than Patch (player for player) right? This one is interesting man. When can trades be made official?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

If that trade goes down... We would be accepting that Domi is just a 40-50 pts player. Adding Poehling is excessive IMO. We would look like Fools if Domi puts up 70 pts and 25-30 goals, they hit with the 16th pick, and Poehling turns into a very good physical player with great skating... ?And Gaudreau walks after two years.

Honestly, I rather take Domi to arbitration and explore other options in the next year. Love Gaudreau but man... He plays on a team that is way more physical than the Habs and we might not like the results. It's risky and I hate that 2 years in term left.

Definitely makes me wonder and scratch my head if I would make that move or not.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

Id give Domi + Poehling for gaudreau and late picks for him. Hes ufa in 2 years while Domi is RFA.

Reactions: abo9

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Can you explain to me why it would be an awful trade?

For comparison, Jason Zucker got Galchenyuk, a 1st and a good prospect
LOL. How stupid of Pittsburgh.
We are right at the cusp of building a good team and it's important how you mold it. This team doesnt just need more talent it needs more size too. No way I would give up that for the little squirt. How embarrassingly small would our team be.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
At the time of the Domi trade many believed in the narrative that Alex was misused in Montreal. Sometimes too a player thrives in a new environment. He sucked in Phoenix. I watched him here. I said he would suck with Geno because Alex's hockey I.Q. is near handicap level. Domi has far more value then Alex does now. Alex can be had for a bag of pucks.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

As much as Domi did help Montreal in the last 14 games of the season + playoffs... make it whatever you want

Here is a question for you... Lets compare to the Patch sign/trade.

1) Who's got more value? Domi today or Tatar with the Knights?

2) Who's got more value? Suzuki in his draft +1 or the 16th OA?

3) Who's got more value? Poehling or late 2nd?

Major difference is the Knights got Patch extended and yeah... Gaudreau is worth more than Patch (player for player) right? This one is interesting man. When can trades be made official?

1) Domi today, Tatar had a rough patch
2) Suzuki, and I think easily. Scouts get a lot of info from that D+1
3) Poehling, I would love to think. Once again - Known commodity and he still can become an NHLer.

I see what you did there :) It's a gamble. Poehling seems to have fallen out of favour in Montreal (playing Hudon, Belzile, Weal, Weise before him), so I'm guessing that internally something important happened that made the team not trust him.

Domi is also a gamble. He's had his one great season with us, but I get it. We should try to sell him close for his 70 points season and not the rest of his career.

And good point about the physicality of the Flames. I was discussing value-wise how it was not an abomination of a trade. I would rather not go pick up Gaudreau for fair value in Montreal for obvious reasons - doesn't fit the team. But if the Flames offered Domi vs Gaudreau, I'd pull the trigger really fast, where it sounds like some of you would not.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Id give Domi + Poehling for gaudreau and late picks for him. Hes ufa in 2 years while Domi is RFA.

Fair enough. Draft this year seems deep and I'm more team rebuild than team win-now (except for obvious wins in trades/UFA), so I'm always excited to see new prospects coming over.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
As much as Domi did help Montreal in the last 14 games of the season + playoffs... make it whatever you want

1) Domi today, Tatar had a rough patch
2) Suzuki, and I think easily. Scouts get a lot of info from that D+1
3) Poehling, I would love to think. Once again - Known commodity and he still can become an NHLer.

I see what you did there :) It's a gamble. Poehling seems to have fallen out of favour in Montreal (playing Hudon, Belzile, Weal, Weise before him), so I'm guessing that internally something important happened that made the team not trust him.

Domi is also a gamble. He's had his one great season with us, but I get it. We should try to sell him close for his 70 points season and not the rest of his career.

And good point about the physicality of the Flames. I was discussing value-wise how it was not an abomination of a trade. I would rather not go pick up Gaudreau for fair value in Montreal for obvious reasons - doesn't fit the team. But if the Flames offered Domi vs Gaudreau, I'd pull the trigger really fast, where it sounds like some of you would not.

I love Johnny hockey but this can back fire on the Habs big time! It's risky

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
He removed MTL from his social media.
I wonder how much Tie Domi would be playing a role here. In Arizona it was daddy that was suggesting that Max was not in the right "environment". Now I wonder if they believe the same thing.
Maybe it's time for daddy to realize his boy just isnt that good.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
For the fun of it.....just pretend it's real...and tell me how you feel. I'd be puking. (fake account by the way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce