Player Discussion Max Domi discussion

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012

Domi heads to penalty box for slashing Marchand​

1:04 | April 20, 2024

Watch as Toronto Maple Leafs’ Max Domi commits an undisciplined penalty with a slash to Brad Marchand’s wrist in Game 1.

(1 min long).

He slashes the hands of Marchand. Marchand knows what to do, fakes like his hand is injured.

Easy PP goal. It ended up being the 4th goal ... which was the end of the game really.

Domi is the only good player on the team.

Domi looks like what Marner should look like out there. Pleasantly surprised

He needs to stay out of the box.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Haha! I was being more than a little cheeky with that comment but that is to say I have appreciated his antics and tip my hat to him being a solid pest.

Previously we've been on the business end of rats and would get upset. It's really nice peeving off Boston for once. It appears to be working.

It didn't lead to victory this time but it was noticeable!

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
That's a penalty. Max needs to play a little smarter, lighten up on the stick work.
He's not that smart apparently.
We are down 2-0 and he "gets tough" with Marchand with his stick.
Sad playoff hockey.
Unacceptable.

Reactions: fahad203

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He's not that smart apparently.
We are down 2-0 and he "gets tough" with Marchand with his stick.
Sad playoff hockey.
Unacceptable.

Getting tough with Marchand is pointless anyway... all he does is talk and then if he is ever in a fight, he just goes for a takedown.

Play your game and run him... it's silly.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Getting tough with Marchand is pointless anyway... all he does is talk and then if he is ever in a fight, he just goes for a takedown.

Play your game and run him... it's silly.

This is the 2nd game in a row he has taken a dumb penalty. This has been part of his frustration all throughout his career. Bad timing penalties, bad timing giveaways.... Those are things you can work on

The game up to that point was still within our reach

He played a good game otherwise.

Reactions: Guttersniped

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
I understand a team trying to get under the other team's top players, but Max is a skill player and play maker. When he focus on instigating, her takes away from his line and his play. Focus on winning the game the right way. He takes away from Matthews getting goals. Let Reaves instigate. He either needs to grow up or the coach needs to tell him not to do it.

This is the 2nd game in a row he has taken a dumb penalty. This has been part of his frustration all throughout his career. Bad timing penalties, bad timing giveaways.... Those are things you can work on

The game up to that point was still within our reach

He played a good game otherwise.
So true. It has hurt his career. He is at least a solid second line player but sabotages his career with this crap. Most players would love to have his skill and ability. He is crapping it away with this stuff.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
happy I got a shoutout but I agree it was a dumb penalty. I still liked his play I think we need to keep him with Matty.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Domi is basically a lot like what a lot of us on the message boards would look like out there. A little too much, but better than not enough.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
I liked that he hacked the bone, he just needs to be smarter about it. Marchand would do the exact same thing but would ruthlessly and emotionlessly execute it and possibly draw a call from retaliation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad