Value of: Max Comtois

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
The Ducks would be dumb to move him right as he is probably making the move to the NHL.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
What would be the asking price on him. I think he’s be a good add for the Habs to add some more size and had good speed.

I think it's one of those cases where it's not worth it for the Ducks to move him. His potential is higher than his current value. He has a chance to be a tough, second line LW. The Ducks have plenty of potential middle-6 forwards (like Comtois) and bottom-4 d-men. Comtois would likely bring back a pick that would have a chance to be as good of a player or a similar prospect, which the Ducks don't need. At the moment, the Ducks' need is top end/franchise talent and Comtois won't bring that back. Trading Comtois would have to be for a significantly better player where Comtois is more of a secondary piece to make up the value difference.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I really don’t see a point to move comtois at this point, he should be an ideal winger for zegras or a center we draft this year or next

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Would ducks fans consider a nylander kapanen and liljegren package for manson comtois and 31st overall ?

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Would ducks fans consider a nylander kapanen and liljegren package for manson comtois and 31st overall ?

I don't have any interest in Kapanen. The Ducks have enough middle six wingers.

I would do Manson + 31st for Nylander and Liljegren.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I don't have any interest in Kapanen. The Ducks have enough middle six wingers.

I would do Manson + 31st for Nylander and Liljegren.
Not doing that from the leafs perspective. A ducks fan offered Manson+Rackell for Nylander and a small add. He also offered Manson+comtois for nylander. Would need more than manson straight for nylander.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not doing that from the leafs perspective. A ducks fan offered Manson+Rackell for Nylander and a small add. He also offered Manson+comtois for nylander. Would need more than manson straight for nylander.
I did say as a base i dont mind either of those scenarios. Base would imply there was more to the trade.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I really don’t see a point to move comtois at this point, he should be an ideal winger for zegras or a center we draft this year or next

I agree with this. Why do you keep putting Comtios in deals to Toronto for Nylander and Marner?

The ducks don't have any use for Kapanen - I'd rather have Comtois who is expansion exempt.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I agree with this. Why do you keep putting Comtios in deals to Toronto for Nylander and Marner?

The ducks don't have any use for Kapanen - I'd rather have Comtois who is expansion exempt.
Because those are the type of players id be wanting back if i moved comtois. I dont want a kapanen/aj for comtois... but if he can be part of a package for a legit top line forward, why wouldnt we.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Because those are the type of players id be wanting back if i moved comtois. I dont want a kapanen/aj for comtois... but if he can be part of a package for a legit top line forward, why wouldnt we.
Any interest in a bigger deal with Marner?

Something like

Marner +Aj/kerfoot

Manson , rackell, comtois and a 2021 2nd round pick.

Ducks take in about 14.5 million and give back around 9ish million. Would the ducks be interested in this type of deal? Could they absorb the added cap? Would the ducks have interest in marner who while has elite offensive abilities does make a lot of money (not real dollars but cap wise)

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007

Because we are already including Manson or Rakell in that deal, so adding Comtois is an overpayment unless Toronto adds another piece. And this hurts us for expansion draft purposes.

Something like

Marner +Aj/kerfoot

Ducks take in about 14.5 million and give back around 9ish million. Would the ducks be interested in this type of deal? Could they absorb the added cap? Would the ducks have interest in marner who while has elite offensive abilities does make a lot of money (not real dollars but cap wise)

AJ/Kerfoot are not interesting to me and I don't think Marner is worth both Rakell and Manson (one, not both). Marner's contract is a major negative.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Because we are already including Manson or Rakell in that deal, so adding Comtois is an overpayment unless Toronto adds another piece. And this hurts us for expansion draft purposes.

AJ/Kerfoot are not interesting to me and I don't think Marner is worth both Rakell and Manson (one, not both). Marner's contract is a major negative.
I think the idea was

Manson + Comtois for Nylander + (+ being undefined)

I do think Nylander holds a bit more value than rakell/manson, as he is signed 4 years at a reasonable price, while the other 2 are signed for 2 years.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Something like

Marner +Aj/kerfoot

I personally like Marner, but his contract is a bit rough... to the point that id much rather have nylander.

Manson Rakell Comtois and a 2nd for Marner is a huge deal(aj/kerfoot are more or less cap toss ins id guess, as neither has that much value to us)

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

Something like

Marner +Aj/kerfoot

That's a lot from Anaheim to still have to take back whats essentially a cap dump. < and before you argue that they're "useful" a 3.5M bottom 6 C that they don't remotely need is, in fact, a cap dump>

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I think the idea was

I do think Nylander holds a bit more value than rakell/manson, as he is signed 4 years at a reasonable price, while the other 2 are signed for 2 years.

If the plus is a piece like Liljegren then maybe, but I doubt Toronto does that. I think its better to keep Comtois out so that its Nylander for Manson plus a lesser piece added from the ducks (maybe Jones or Larrson/Guhle/Mahura).

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I think the idea was

If the plus is a piece like Liljegren then maybe, but I doubt Toronto does that. I think its better to keep Comtois out so that its Nylander for Manson plus a lesser piece added from the ducks (maybe Jones or Larrson/Guhle/Mahura).

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Manson + 31st overall
For nylander
The 31st overall is to mitigate the extra two years nylander has on his contract over Manson's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad