Confirmed with Link: Maveric Lamoureux signed to standard 3 year ELC

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I've come to the conclusion on D that you either go big and toolsy or for the guys scoring buckets of points. The ones inbetween don't ever seem to amount to much and are replaceable via FA.

Hope for Chara, settle for McNabb with Lamoureaux. Like POJ, he seems like a brilliant teammate. Never a bad thing to spend a pick on a kid like this.
Agree. You like the kid, you have the opportunity to go get him, you do it. No hesitation. I like what they're doing. They have a plan and they're executing it. You don't burn the thing to the ground, acquire a ton of picks and spend all this money on scouting to not trust them. This isn't Chayka taking a guy at 5 with average measurables that's rated at 10ish. The guys they moved up for are freaks that teams are buzzing around.

Reactions: Jakey53

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
He was interviewed on NHL network yesterday, he talked about how he loves hitting and that he eats 2 burgers before every game because after he did it he had a good game. Mike Rupp said he was lucky because in the valley you could eat IN-N-OUT.

Yotes4Cup

Dec 1, 2017
I really hope this kid fills out his frame and turns into a top 4 D-man. 6'7 athletic kids like this do not grow on trees.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I like hearing these stories of scout tabkes from other clubs slamming the desk in frustration when we take “their guy”.
Wasn't there a funny one about Burke and Brian Murray working a deal and when they walked up to each other it was a few words and they turned and walked away with the deal toasted. Something about the pick and I think Burke said, no deal we are taking the player you want. Might have been Kadri but in reality my memory isn't that good. NhL really needs behind tye scenes programming, we all love to see this stuff.

Reactions: Kaizen

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Wasn't there a funny one about Burke and Brian Murray working a deal and when they walked up to each other it was a few words and they turned and walked away with the deal toasted. Something about the pick and I think Burke said, no deal we are taking the player you want. Might have been Kadri but in reality my memory isn't that good. NhL really needs behind tye scenes programming, we all love to see this stuff.
It was Kadri.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
It was Kadri.

Good one. My memory had this elaborate walkup and almost a square off. It was way better in my mind!!! Would love to see the video go from Coyotes selection to Habs slamming table. That stuff sells and the NHL ignores. It. Heck Burke could probably make a series a year in the past

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Good one. My memory had this elaborate walkup and almost a square off. It was way better in my mind!!! Would love to see the video go from Coyotes selection to Habs slamming table. That stuff sells and the NHL ignores. It. Heck Burke could probably make a series a year in the past
If u want to go down some rabbit holes. Check this series out.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
If u want to go down some rabbit holes. Check this series out.

I've seen some of those. Imagine cameras around during the Burke rent a barn fight time. Even this draft i would love to hear each team's reaction as Wright doesn't get picked. Would it be like Oh shit we had a plan but we didn't think he'd be there or stay the course. Imagine having a crew on Treliving this summer, could sell subscriptions on its own i think.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Absolutely! The series the Coyotes released (only saw 2 parts) is fantastic for fans. Why the NHL does not do more of that I dont understand.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
A 22 yo Lamoureux would be the ideal partner for Chychrun! Here's hoping he becomes an elite defensive blue liner sooner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad