Confirmed with Link: Maveric Lamoureux signed to standard 3 year ELC

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Seriously though, is anybody else conflicted on what to think of this prospect? He’s a first round draft pick, and he has all the things you would desire in a defenseman. Right hand shot, large, with untapped offensive talent. I have a feeling he will truly be a boom or bust.
Our scouts sure believe in him. Bit you always had to sign him because of the amount of time it is going to take for him to be a finished product. Scouts were wroting off Wheeler as a bust 3 years after he was drafted so this could be a bumpy ride.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Seriously though, is anybody else conflicted on what to think of this prospect? He’s a first round draft pick, and he has all the things you would desire in a defenseman. Right hand shot, large, with untapped offensive talent. I have a feeling he will truly be a boom or bust.
I had him ranked 50th. And I liked Noah Warren better. But what the heck do I know? Gotta trust this scouting team until they prove otherwise.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Everything I have been reading and seeing about this kid since the draft has gotten me excited. I'm not expecting he'll be a Pronger or Chara when it comes to overall impact and elite ability, but I'm thinking this kid may have the drive to at least provoke the notion. That's exciting.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I would’ve taken him 34.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Many people had the kid as the best athlete at the combine, including the Coyotes scouting staff. Obviously there's a certain amount of hockey IQ that needs to come with that package, but raw athleticism can make up for mental errors in some instances.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Absolutely - Lamoureux was empirically the best athlete at the combine - he crushed the competition. This was largely due to his stature. We will see if his athleticism can be harnessed properly to make him into a great hockey player.

Reactions: ck26

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I've come to the conclusion on D that you either go big and toolsy or for the guys scoring buckets of points. The ones inbetween don't ever seem to amount to much and are replaceable via FA.

Hope for Chara, settle for McNabb with Lamoureaux. Like POJ, he seems like a brilliant teammate. Never a bad thing to spend a pick on a kid like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad