Player Discussion Mattias Samuelsson, LHD (USNTDP), The Antidote, Distributing Cobra Strikes

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
At 6'4" and 220 lbs he is big enough to play with men. I would rather see him get more reps in a pro league next year rather than a third year in college.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
Too bad he isn't a RHD, he would be perfect to pair with Dahlin.

Our RHD depth as far as prospects go is severely lacking.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Didn't watch today's game, but I liked him yesterday. *shrug* He isn't the forward they need or needed, but he's still got some game.

Reactions: OkimLom

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Speculation regarding Samuelsson signing ELC
Sabres prospect Mattias Samuelsson shows maturity, strength as pro decision awaits
When his college season ends, Samuelsson, 19, could be ready to sign his entry-level contract with the Sabres. He was selected 32nd overall, the first pick in the second round, in the 2018 draft.

“It’s something you always have in the back of your mind, it’s something you’re constantly working toward,” Samuelsson said of turning pro. “But at the end of the day, I’m a Bronco right now and you just want to focus on this season.”

He hasn't ruled it out.

Randy Sexton on his play at the WJC:
“I saw a guy who handled the captaincy extremely well. I saw a guy who, I think, to a large degree played to his identity. He was big, strong, he moved pucks intelligently, defended with vigor, anchored the PK, blocked shots – did all the small things that it takes to win at any level.”

Jason Botterill:
"Unfortunately the video I saw of him that persuaded me to select him in the draft was a mirror image and I thought he played the right side. We might have to convert him to wing"

I confess. I made up the Botterill quote. I think he will sign.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
You see him being NHL ready in the fall...or soon after?
No I don’t. The defensive log jam extends beyond the NHL. We’ve had Fitzgerald either scratched or playing wing a lot this year. Hardly beneficial for his development. I don’t want to Samuelsson going pro only to waste a year of development in the same situation.

Reactions: Chainshot

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
No I don’t. The defensive log jam extends beyond the NHL. We’ve had Fitzgerald either scratched or playing wing a lot this year. Hardly beneficial for his development. I don’t want to Samuelsson going pro only to waste a year of development in the same situation.

Maybe he's our answer at center?

Reactions: joshjull

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Between him and Johnson I expect/hope one of the 2 become legit top 4 dmen. top 4 on a playoff team dman not top 4 on a shit team one. He definitely has some traits that we are sorely lacking on the blueline. Risto can't he the only physical dman with snarl, in 2022 I hope to see

Dahlin-Joker
Samuelsson-Risto
Johnson-Pilut

Montour used for a trade, Miller and McCabe walking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad