Player Discussion Mattias Samuelsson, LHD (USNTDP), The Antidote, Distributing Cobra Strikes

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah, if he can settle in as Powers partner then I think that'll be great for the team moving forward. Only worry would be all 4 of the Top 4 dmen being left shots, but it's arguable how important handedness is nowadays.

If they are waiting for perfect vs. done, we're going to be waiting forever.

Reactions: Misko and MOGlLNY

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I see the pairings going into next season as
Byram-dahlin
Power-sammy
Johnson-Joker/Clifton
The real question is who do we move Clifton is paid 3 mil plus while Joker has resurged and is up for a new contract. Even though Jokiharju is the better all around defender Clifton brings more of a physical edge and being 24 with some rfa years he holds more value. Ryan Johnson looks capable of being the puck mover on that pair no matter what. Either way 9ne of those contracts is gonna have to move.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I see the pairings going into next season as
Byram-dahlin
Power-sammy
Johnson-Joker/Clifton
The real question is who do we move Clifton is paid 3 mil plus while Joker has resurged and is up for a new contract. Even though Jokiharju is the better all around defender Clifton brings more of a physical edge and being 24 with some rfa years he holds more value. Ryan Johnson looks capable of being the puck mover on that pair no matter what. Either way 9ne of those contracts is gonna have to move.

I would say GMKA adds a top 4 RHD. Joker traded as well as RyJo. Or RyJo is #7.

Byram-Dahlin
Power- XXX
Sammy - Clifton

• Wow
Reactions: ValJamesDuex

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
If they are waiting for perfect vs. done, we're going to be waiting forever.
I'm sure the Avs didn't think Nichushkin was the perfect pickup for them. Things never go exactly as planned, for good and bad. Mostly bad for us.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I would say GMKA adds a top 4 RHD. Joker traded as well as RyJo. Or RyJo is #7.

Byram-Dahlin
Power- XXX
Sammy - Clifton
True but who on the bottom pair will be the puck mover and what top 4 rhd will be available this summer?

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
True but who on the bottom pair will be the puck mover and what top 4 rhd will be available this summer?
The RHD needs to be via a trade. Matt Roy was the only UFA of interest to me.
The bottom pair might be lucky to see 8-10 minutes any given night with the Top 4 ahead of them.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

#15: Mattias Samuelsson

Mattias Samuelsson’s promising defensive profile explains why the Sabres signed him to a seven-year, $4.285 million AAV extension at the start of last season. The problem? He can’t seem to stay healthy. The hulking 24-year-old defenseman was limited to 41 games this season and 55 the year before. Durability, not talent, is the concern with Samuelsson and his contract right now.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wonder what sort of training Sammy has in mind. I know guys like Patrick and Numminen turned to some other methods. Jeep was doing yoga and assisted stretching 20 years ago to maintain flexibility and mobility. That's a bit more mainstream now, particularly the assisted stretching. But what exactly does he have in mind?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I wonder what sort of training Sammy has in mind. I know guys like Patrick and Numminen turned to some other methods. Jeep was doing yoga and assisted stretching 20 years ago to maintain flexibility and mobility. That's a bit more mainstream now, particularly the assisted stretching. But what exactly does he have in mind?

I am 100% serious here in saying that Sammy should check in and pick the brain of Chris Tanev and see if there is anything other than maturity and luck that has allowed Chris Tanev to play more games over the past three seasons compared to earlier in his career where playing 70+ games was a huge challenge.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Goat yoga?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad