Prospect Info: Mattias Janmark

icebluuu

May 15, 2011
Just tuned in on tonight's game, where he has a goal. They just ran a highlight recap of him so far tonight, and he got a lot of of positive remarks on his hustle and goal.

EDIT:

Sweden's largest newspaper had him as first star of the game, despite losing by shootout.

Last edited:

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I'd say easily the best & most noticable AIK player on the ice tonight. He actually played center tonight, had 24:08 icetime after 65min, most among F's.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I'd say easily the best & most noticable AIK player on the ice tonight. He actually played center tonight, had 24:08 icetime after 65min, most among F's.

Do you think he is a little faster this year? Remember seeing him last season but not really watching with intent as he was an overage guy and not Wings property, just think he has a little more giddy up this year. He is off to a very good start. Looks like the Wings are going to have 3 straight seasons with a top 10 to 15 scorer in the SHL.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Do you think he is a little faster this year? Remember seeing him last season but not really watching with intent as he was an overage guy and not Wings property, just think he has a little more giddy up this year. He is off to a very good start. Looks like the Wings are going to have 3 straight seasons with a top 10 to 15 scorer in the SHL.
Didn't follow him last year so tough to compare. But right now skating isn't an issue what so ever, it's one of his strengths. He played a lot of minutes but seemed to be quick every shift, his stride is very efficient and he moves well in traffic. Once the highlights are up you'll notice his speed, for example on his PK goal.

He's not the most skilled guy but he makes the right moves and has a very good hockey mind.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Didn't follow him last year so tough to compare. But right now skating isn't an issue what so ever, it's one of his strengths. He played a lot of minutes but seemed to be quick every shift, his stride is very efficient and he moves well in traffic. Once the highlights are up you'll notice his speed, for example on his PK goal.

He's not the most skilled guy but he makes the right moves and has a very good hockey mind.

I remember seeing him last year and thinking he could be a late arrival to the league after looking him up on eliteprospects, you know a guy that signs when he is older. But thought he needed a little more in his stride but liked his direct approach. But it was just a passing judgement, given the limited viewings I get on most of the overseas leagues it is tough to pick out players I like, especially since I generally see them just to watch a Wings prospect. Though I do watch the occasional KHL matchup just because I think that league is pretty entertaining.

The first thing that jumped out at me in his highlights earlier this season was his speed. Seems to be a lot faster to me and still drives the middle. He is smaller but he kind of reminds me of young Franzen, heavy shot and a direct game. We will see what he becomes but he should tip the scales at over 200 plus lbs and play direct with pretty good wheels.

MyXoMoPBL

Mar 4, 2013
Linköping
Watched AIK's game against Linköping and even though the game was terrible overall he was the only player which stood out to me and really made me feel like he has a great career ahead of him.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Janmark just hurt his knee in a collision with Finnish forward Leo Komarov. Komarov stuck his leg out and was rightfully ejected from the game.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Janmark just hurt his knee in a collision with Finnish forward Leo Komarov. Komarov stuck his leg out and was rightfully ejected from the game.

Hoping for the best from Janmark. I think this first quarter of the season has vaulted him into the Wings top-10 prospects. Would be a shame to see his season get derailed.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I don't know if you can say without MRI but Swedish television said it's a minor injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad