Confirmed with Link: Mattias Ekholm extended (4yx6.25m)

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
We’re probably being a little unfair to Forsberg because he hasn’t talked about wanting to be here with Ekholms gusto. But reality is while he has been good for the Preds he seems to be much more capable than he performs. That means a lot of teams would be willing to invest in that potential. If he will sign here for a reasonable but rewarding price that’s fine. But if he doesn’t then his trade value could soar. So wish for a good year for him and Preds could win on him either way. Right now I hope he stays. But…..

Reactions: triggrman

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I think I have said before that he is the #1 player on this team. He can go to maybe 2-3 teams and still be the #1 player, everywhere else he goes he drops to the #3 player or lower. Maybe he is not wanting all of that pressure of being the #1. IDK.
kobe-bryant-nba.gif

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I think I have said before that he is the #1 player on this team. He can go to maybe 2-3 teams and still be the #1 player, everywhere else he goes he drops to the #3 player or lower. Maybe he is not wanting all of that pressure of being the #1. IDK.

He may be the #1 forward but he has never been the #1 player here. He has always been behind Rinne, Josi and before that Weber. Nobody has ever said "this is Forsbergs team"

Could he be the #1 player here now? Maybe, if he stays healthy.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Preds PR pumping this up like nothing I’ve seen for this level of talent. They really are hyping everything possible to boost sales I guess.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Poile can compete for the playoffs with both hands tied behind his back. That's how bored he is with the competition right now. Blow it up and draft #1? Pffft. He'll pay Ryan Johansen and Matt Duchene to be his two best forwards, play $10M under the Salary Cap, and he'll STILL make the playoffs before you.
:razz:

Reactions: bdub24

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
He may be the #1 forward but he has never been the #1 player here. He has always been behind Rinne, Josi and before that Weber. Nobody has ever said "this is Forsbergs team"

Could he be the #1 player here now? Maybe, if he stays healthy.

He may have never been the most liked player like the ones you mentioned but he has been for the past several years the one said to reach the 70 point mark the most or 40 goals the most. Even talked about as the one to become the point per game player that was needed. And he may have done that a few times but seems to always get injured and miss enough games to keep him from reaching that mark. He has a chance to become the #1 goal scoring leader in Nashville this season if he plays well and score 33 goals on the season.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Preds PR pumping this up like nothing I’ve seen for this level of talent. They really are hyping everything possible to boost sales I guess.
Obviously the team wants to boost sales and I hope it works, I personally would like to see the team stay in Nashville.

But

What exactly am I missing that they are over hyping? Ekholm is a top 2 Dman in this league, they should be happy that he's signed to this contract for a very reasonable amount of money and term.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Oh boy... The main board Preds "fans" never disappoint.
Just setting themselves up for disappointment. It's one thing to have opinions, speculate, theorycraft, etc... it's another to bemoan everything the franchise does because you refuse to understand the context they are working in (a big part of which is, evidently, we do not do intentional tear-everything-down rebuilds just because we aren't surefire candidates for a Cup).

There's a poster on the soccer forums that similarly gets upset every time the lineup is announced because he has a very specific idea of how the team should be built that is quite obviously not shared by the team. I just :laugh: .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad