Post-Game Talk: Matthews with a 4pt night and the Oiler win 7-1

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Ugh, it’s hard. We usually only play twice a year. Whenever needs it more. This year Edmonton. Sens have no shot

if both make the cup........ I don’t know. That would be brutal for me. It really would.
I think if one’s primary and secondary teams ever met in a SCF that would be orgasmic! (Or something like that).

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
McDavid with 19 goals in 23 games against the Flames

giphy.gif

33:38 for Nurse.

giphy.gif

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I could still see him getting the Hart if he hits 50 and his % of team goals is out of this world. That is basically an MVP year. Most valuable to his team.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Remember the losers who chirped McDavid outside a restaurant?

They were quickly ostracized and kicked out of Edmonton after they were forced to apologize. This is a McDavid safe zone.

How stupid is that anyways. I mean these guys can’t go anywhere without being recognized. Chirping them on top of it? When I hear stories like this or Eakins kids getting chirped I’m embarrassed to be an Edmontonian.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I could still see him getting the Hart if he hits 50 and his % of team goals is out of this world. That is basically an MVP year. Most valuable to his team.

That’s the thing. It isn’t now and it won’t be going forward. Sure he’s a natural sniper and if he gets 50 he almost is guaranteed the Richard rewarding him for that.

MVP is a whole different animal. If Chicago or Florida makes the playoffs you have a serious case for Barkov or Kane who both are right there with Nostrils in points with a far less supporting cast especially Kane.

And if McDavid bags 90-100 and finishes 20 points up with the Oilers close or better than the Leafs for points the trophy should be McDavids hands down.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Love the complaints about Lucic last night (CP) and where he was going to meet the Oilers for drinks after.

Reactions: TB12

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Remember the losers who chirped McDavid outside a restaurant?

They were quickly ostracized and kicked out of Edmonton after they were forced to apologize. This is a McDavid safe zone.

I remember they scrambled to apologize but did they get kicked out of the city? lol.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
How stupid is that anyways. I mean these guys can’t go anywhere without being recognized. Chirping them on top of it? When I hear stories like this or Eakins kids getting chirped I’m embarrassed to be an Edmontonian.
Alcohol will sometimes induce people to do or say some pretty stupid stuff. At least, I'm going to assume that was it, and give them the benefit of the doubt. Still doesn't excuse the ignorance though, of course.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Normally, it might be. But unfortunately for him, McDavid is also playing this year. And I would contend that Matthews has a lot better offensive supporting cast to help out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad