Post-Game Talk: Matthews with a 4pt night and the Oiler win 7-1

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I did spit coffee at that one. I think more the case I pick my focal points of frustration better. Trailing off this board for too long is seldom any good for much of anything. I mean some quick schadenfreude and out of there. I hate getting sucked into the worst vortexes of "conversation" out there.

"Yeah butz the Oilers suckeds worst"

I think I learned around 10yrs ago, maybe earlier, that fans of different teams trying to talk about hockey is worse than trying to talk about religion. It seldom goes well and shit escalates quick!

nah, not playing. ;)

Let us have our fun, (grand)dad. ;)

I prefer this approach on the mains:

tenor.gif

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Its hard to conceive as being possible, but Pat Quinn was even worse, add that he mumbled everything that came out of his mouth. Players didn't have a clue what he was talking about, neither did I. Jam, filling, jamtarts, poptarts, toast, he had a thing for breakfast.

Still my favorite Pat Quinn quote.

Reactions: BlackDogg

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Flames fans getting triggered in the Calgary dysfunction thread on the mains. You love to see it.

Hilarious given the OP is notorious Oiler hater, creates a thread talking about Flames issues and then gets pissy when negative remarks towards the Flames are made. It's like guy was asking for it.

Sounds like poster needs thicker skin.

Reactions: Cloned and TB12

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Hilarious given the OP is notorious Oiler hater, creates a thread talking about Flames issues and then gets pissy when negative remarks towards the Flames are made. It's like guy was asking for it.

Sounds like poster needs thicker skin.
He does that in every thread oiler fans enter.

He has no problem entering any thread about the oilers and trashing them, but starts crying anytime the reverse is done.

Reactions: frag2 and TB12

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
He does that in every thread oiler fans enter.

He has no problem entering any thread about the oilers and trashing them, but starts crying anytime the reverse is done.

Oh I know. He used to come into HFOil just to give his 2 cents as if any HFOil poster cared.

His post history, even right now, is mostly giving his 2 cents on Oilers players/activities

Reactions: TB12

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I think you underrate the skill of other teams in this division. Having McDavid and Nuge together means they've got an elite defensive forward with an elite scorer and it frees McDavid up without getting lit up at the same time. Having them mesh also gives the team a massive advantage as they know him and Draisaitl work too.

Do you think McNuge is the reason for McD's awesome start? I'm a big Nuge fan, but I'm not really seeing that. McD has been skating unbelievably all season.

While you are right, there is high-end talent in the division, when you put McD with Nuge, that pretty much guarantees McDavid will see 1st pairing all night, and likely power-vs-power upfront. Up until a couple games ago it was a saw-off at EV.

Meanwhile, Drai is +13 with not a lot of support (though decent defensively) wingers.

If you put DRY back together it forces teams to choose. Top pairing vs Drai of McD? It becomes a tougher choice.

Anyway, I'm not advocating for it strongly... nothing is broken right now, so I'd stick with McNuge for a while and see whether we can't hold some auditions on the 2nd line with Drai.

mcdingdong

Mar 21, 2019
Do you think McNuge is the reason for McD's awesome start? I'm a big Nuge fan, but I'm not really seeing that. McD has been skating unbelievably all season.

While you are right, there is high-end talent in the division, when you put McD with Nuge, that pretty much guarantees McDavid will see 1st pairing all night, and likely power-vs-power upfront. Up until a couple games ago it was a saw-off at EV.

Meanwhile, Drai is +13 with not a lot of support (though decent defensively) wingers.

If you put DRY back together it forces teams to choose. Top pairing vs Drai of McD? It becomes a tougher choice.

Anyway, I'm not advocating for it strongly... nothing is broken right now, so I'd stick with McNuge for a while and see whether we can't hold some auditions on the 2nd line with Drai.

I would agree that Nuge isn't playing at world-beater level, but I also don't think it is a coincidence that when he is paired with Drai or McD, the line he is on usually performs as our best line. He does a lot of little things that contribute to a line's success.

Reactions: bucks_oil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad