Post-Game Talk: Matthews with a 4pt night and the Oiler win 7-1

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I assume he'll get his much like Ryan Kesler did, by never winning anything substantial as a pro. Giordano lists a Spengler Cup as the pinnacle of his team accomplishments and Kesler a WJC Gold as an amateur. 19 games, 6 points, -6 and 14 PIM's, way to go Kneeordano that's one hell of a career in the playoffs. One thing I'm happy about is although there were some tough years you look at most of the great Oilers they've managed to be winners elsewhere. Smyth has multiple best on best championships for example. It's always nice to see winners win and losers lose. Here's to hoping Tkachuk can follow in their illustrious paths (although I'd imagine you want him to do well internationally. lol).

Not even close. As long as Connor is on our team I would cheer for Canada in any tournament that he's in so that it can be a part of his legacy. Besides I would feel dirty cheering for Tkachuk,

Reactions: TB12 and Samus44

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Da feels..
upload_2021-2-22_1-59-39.png

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
...they also totally ignored the cowardice of Lindholm cross checking a vulnerable Yamamoto who is 5" shorter and 40 pounds lighter face first into the boards but Khaira is a big meanie.

I think everything that is wrong with that team in the locker room is apparent from the outside. The identity their "leadership" pushes on the team isn't tough, it's dirty. It must be really hard to built unity around that brand, hence why their players aren't into it (visible with Lucic, Gudreau), or better yet requesting trades. It must feel like absolute dog shit when your "game plan" is too cross check the other team in the back as much as possible, while going after the opponent's smaller players and trying to avoid their equally sized ones.

That's a recipe for bad moral. That's not trash talk, that's a fact, nobody wants to be on the team where tkatchuk is the identity. When Avery and Lemieux played for teams, they were one offs, they weren't leaders, and this is why.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
He got slew footed in Winnipeg . His head hit the ice pretty damn hard .

If he had a concussion, wouldn't the team doctors have tested him for it? Wouldn't he stay on the injured list until he recovered? I don't think there's any way they force him to play through a concussion.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I think everything that is wrong with that team in the locker room is apparent from the outside. The identity their "leadership" pushes on the team isn't tough, it's dirty. It must be really hard to built unity around that brand, hence why their players aren't into it (visible with Lucic, Gudreau), or better yet requesting trades. It must feel like absolute dog shit when your "game plan" is too cross check the other team in the back as much as possible, while going after the opponent's smaller players and trying to avoid their equally sized ones.

That's a recipe for bad moral. That's not trash talk, that's a fact, nobody wants to be on the team where tkatchuk is the identity. When Avery and Lemieux played for teams, they were one offs, they weren't leaders, and this is why.

Not sure if it's the coach promoting that kind of play or the frustrated players falling back into that dirty style. But I can't even imagine how crapping I would feel if I was playing like dog crap, like Bennett, completely ineffective, and the only thing I can do is go out and blindside a guy who didn't even have the puck break his collar bone and reduce his ability to feed his family... just so low and scummy.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Eric Francis, who said there’s no way you can say the Oilers have depth, just said on 960 that he still thinks the Flames are a deep team.

Reactions: yukoner88 and TB12

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Ya 100% surgical, still generally collar bone stuff goes well. Slap a plate and some bolts on there give it 8-9 weeks and your good to go.
Connor McDavid is generally acknowledged as a quick healer and he missed 3 months with a broken collarbone.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Eric Francis, who said there’s no way you can say the Oilers have depth, just said on 960 that he still thinks the Flames are a deep team.

The performance of the Valimaki - Nesterov pair over the weekend a good example of that......

Hanifin also clocked a rock solid performance for the best defense in the North.

Reactions: McDNicks17

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The performance of the Valimaki - Nesterov pair over the weekend a good example of that......

Hanifin also clocked a rock solid performance for the best defense in the North.

Valimaki and Nesterov being on the ice for three goals against in 5 minutes of ice time was truly impressive.

Reactions: frag2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad