Matthews with 8 GWG's 1 away from tieing the NHL rookie record

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Who started this silly myth?

Just because a player is more flashy and skilled does not automatically make him worse defensively then a bigger player that can shield the puck with his body. By those standards Lidstrom was a bad defenseman because he used his speed and finesse instead of strength.

If you are using your outdated criteria than Draisaitl is a better two way player than Matthews, he can actually throw a body check.

Well the stats and eye test say so lol. Also Matthews is among the league leaders in take aways. If the only thing people can find to criticize Matthews is hits, then be my guest.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
who started this silly myth?

Just because a player is more flashy and skilled does not automatically make him worse defensively then a bigger player that can shield the puck with his body. By those standards lidstrom was a bad defenseman because he used his speed and finesse instead of strength.

If you are using your outdated criteria than draisaitl is a better two way player than matthews, he can actually throw a body check.
Well I can't figure out how to post what I wanted too so nevermind lol

Last edited:

Moorpheus*

|GERMAN/IDEALISM\
Apr 14, 2015
Hopefully he sets the record so we can maybe set up a package for a superior player like Drai.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad