Matthews vs Jones

Who is worth more?

• Total voters

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I am reading that some people feel that Jones>Matthews, so whats the general concusses.
My opinion is that Matthews is worth SIGNIFICANTLY more even @ 11.63 million.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Jones is a top 5 D-man and would be the best D-man on the Leafs, Matthews has probably had the best 3 year start to his career as a center in the last decade outside of McDavid and Stamkos who had MSL the entire time, and even then Matthews > Stamkos imo.

Matthews IMO but it's close and Jones is going to win at least one Norris by the time he's done playing.

Reactions: Voight and Lays

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Jones hasn’t yet played up to his full potential in the regular season but his playoff play more than makes up for it. Not a difficult choice when you consider contracts as well.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Matthews, and I don't have to think very hard about it.
In his third year, Jones was traded one-for-one with Ryan Johansen. This year would be Matthews third season, who in the league has similar value to him as a defenseman that is under 26? Dahlin? He's still a work in progress, albeit as close to a sure thing as a defenseman could be I suppose. There were plenty of players around the league that held Johansen's value or higher, and didn't have difficulties with contract negotiations.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
The answer here is Jones. It's still a question about who should have gone 1st overall in 2013 between him and Mackinnon.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I'd say Jones because of his contract, and his position is more rare.

I'd definitely prefer him on the Oilers. He'd completely turn around the team.

Reactions: Numz and McVespa99

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Toss-up. Jones is better now, but Matthews is younger.

I'd take Jones on the Oilers. He's exactly the kind of player we need.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
No it isn’t. I probably would have taken Barkov over Jones as well.
The real question is what would Tampa Bay look like with Jones instead of Drouin. The temptation to find the next MSL to feed Stamkos must have been too great at the time.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad