Rumor: Matthews Suspension 2 Games

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Well maybe this will spur on the rest of the Leafs, pull their heads form their butts and actually play well without Matthews propping them up.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
The good, perhaps Dmen think twice before cheap shotting Matty.

The bad, lose both games and Bruins beat Chicago and we are tied. Does that mean the Bruins are also elite ??

Truth be told I don’t think it really matters whether we finish 3rd or 4th. Unless we are taking a home ice position the task is tall either way. In some ways drawing Florida instead of Tampa may actually be favourable. I’d rather face Bob than Vasi if given the choice

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Bettman is notoriously slow with appeals so it might not matter, but Matthews and the Leafs should collect every piece of video evidence getting posted on Twitter of equal and worse infractions that resulted in no suspension and stuff it in his mailbox for the appeal. If we’re lucky maybe that weasel will get to it fast enough that Matthews only misses one game.

DcW

Feb 27, 2018
I hope Shanny and Dubas come out strong against the suspension. Set the tone from the top “are we going to get pushed around and not respond” or “defend our guy”. This will say a lot one way or another

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
How does a guy with no track record go straight to two games when president says otherwise?

What did Biden say? I must have missed it

Seriously though, this is a total mess.

League only cracks down on abuse when a Leafs player finally strikes back. Matthews gets no calls in his favour for all of the cross checks he gets delivered, but as soon as he stands up for himself the league says “none of that”

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Parros is clearly corrupt with an agenda against the Leafs. That's indisputable at this point, it doesn't even need to be debated. But what I have a problem with is Shanahan, again, doing absolutely nothing to call out Parros or the league for this.

Shanahan needs to step up and throw down in the media. The league needs to be challenged for its integrity.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Bullshit.

Pure, unadulterated bullshit.

Parros needs to go. He is an incompetent, over his head asshat who is wildly inconsistent.

From the refs to the DOPS the NHL has a festering problem here.

It’s just unacceptable that there is so much blatantly inconsistent decisions are being made here, both on and off the ice.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
What did Biden say? I must have missed it

Seriously though, this is a total mess.

League only cracks down on abuse when a Leafs player finally strikes back. Matthews gets no calls in his favour for all of the cross checks he gets delivered, but as soon as he stands up for himself the league says “none of that”

Hahaha damn autocorrect

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
This leagues is a damn disgrace. MLSE should just pull out. Watch the NHL wither and die without their millions to comfort them and make their own league without f***ing corrupt officials.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Absolute garbage

Can he appeal this?

I would love if he released a video of all the cross checks that were just fines. The only reason this is a suspension is because of the jersey he wears.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad