Rumor: Matthews Suspension 2 Games

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Doesn’t deserve to be a suspension given precedent and the players total lack of history and that no one was hurt on the play even monentarily. But hardly shocked tbh after the bs DoPS pulled with Spezza earlier this year (like seriously 6 f***in games for a nearly 20 year vet with zero priors)

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I thought this may have gotten some attention. That was a pretty good cross check to the face. Looks like a fine would have been enough on his first offense though given some of the comparables.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
How did they come up with that so fast?
It's like they expidited this super quick cuz "leafs"
Other times it's takes longer for them to come out with a suspension.... What gives?

Parros has a hard on for suspending Leafs. One of our star players in a big outdoor game? He probably busted a nut the second it happened and just couldn’t wait to hand down the suspension.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
That’s a bunch of BS. They just don’t want him to get too far ahead in the trophy races. Have to give others a chance, as usual.

The refs are bias against the Leafs, whole league is, this just further cements that fact.

The only thing is going to accomplish is slowing him down in the race, our goaltending won’t be able to stop the floodgates, so it’s not like we’re going to win anyway.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
This league is pathetic.

No consistency. I cannot think of the last time a Leaf player come out on the winning end of these hearings. I cannot even remember the last fair ruling TBH.

I have no problem with this being a suspension, but show some f***ing consistency for once. This has never been a suspendable offense until a Leaf player does it. The amount of evidence to support this is ridiculous

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Chara cross check against Gallagher didn't even induce a penalty call, ditto for Ovie and his can opener. Why weren't those the precedence they wish to set?

NHL is the most peculiar pro sports league in regards to player safety. When Crosby entered the league, they bent backwards to help out Pens ownership stay in Pittsburgh by suddenly calling it by the books, for at least half a year or so.

Leafs get Matthews and no need to clean up the league and protect their players since they know the Leafs won't be insolvent anytime soon. He has to resort to retaliation because the refs refuse to address the abuse he takes throughout the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

Craigo85

Apr 24, 2018
I hope Matthews tells Gary to go f*** himself for the next all star game or world cup they try to arrange.

Seriously, what does he have to lose? Not like Matthews will draw less penalties.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
No way in hell, with previous cases and how they were handled, does this warrant a 2 game suspension. Should he get suspended? Sure. Should he when you consider their previous discipline for others? Not a chance.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
The good, perhaps Dmen think twice before cheap shotting Matty.

The bad, lose both games and Bruins beat Chicago and we are tied. Does that mean the Bruins are also elite ??

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I have no issues with a 2 game suspension, it&#39;s what it should be. I have issues w inconsistent rulings, where similar, or worse actions have been $5k fines. I have issues w terrible and inconsistent refereeing. <a href="https://twitter.com/NHL?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@nhl</a><br> The integrity of the product is seriously compromised.</p>&mdash; Brett Harrington (@Fogelhund) <a href="">March 14, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How frustrating must it be, when a hooking penalty isn't called against you, in OT, and you end up losing a game? How frustrating must it be, when you cross check someone, you get two games, when others get $5k? Seriously, I don't have an issue with this being two games, if that is what everyone else gets... really, it should be two games. But when we have video, after video of similar, or worse things, there is ZERO consistency within the NHL, in either DoPS, or on ice officiating. When this crap continuously happens, you wonder why you continue to watch a manipulated product. I watch for Sport, not WWE "managed" entertainment..

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad