Matthews is averaging 30 ESG in his first two seasons (28/30 this year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
It really is baffling to me how he doesn't score at all on the powerplay. Maybe he takes JVR's spot in front of the net next year.

Not trying to detract from his even-strength abilities, it just seems weird that it comes easier to AM when there are more opponents on the ice.

Reactions: Rob Brown

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Matthews on McButter's level. Crazy

incoming angry Oiler fans to call me a moron.

Reactions: zeke

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Draisaitl on Matthews's level. Crazy

icoming angry Leafs fans to call me a moron.
lmao.

I have no bone to pick in this fight. If you think Drysaddle is on his level, then so be it. You're not upsetting me as I'm not a leafs fan. But keep going please.

PS. it was a joke, you know, sarcasm? Don't be an insecure Oilers fan. Lord knows we have enough of you guys on this board already

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
lmao.

I have no bone to pick in this fight. If you think Drysaddle is on his level, then so be it. You're not upsetting me as I'm not a leafs fan. But keep going please.
I don't think Drai is on his level. Just like i think it's dumb to compare Connor and Auston

Reactions: Frosty415

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
I don't think Drai is on his level. Just like i think it's dumb to compare Connor and Auston
I edited my post, but in case you missed it, here it is again, nice and clear for you.

A JokE

It was a tongue in cheek comment, obviously Auston isn't on Connor's level. No one is.

Reactions: HailMcJesus

Cotton

May 13, 2013
It really is baffling to me how he doesn't score at all on the powerplay. Maybe he takes JVR's spot in front of the net next year.

Not trying to detract from his even-strength abilities, it just seems weird that it comes easier to AM when there are more opponents on the ice.

He’s not shooting for one, he’s shooting less than last year overall, but on the PP he’s opting to pass waaay too much.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
It will be fun if he figures out how to dominate a powerplay like Laine/Malkin/Eichel.

People ask why Leaf fans think this kid is so good - in the last "Matthews isn't that good" thread, someone actually compared him to Dustin Brown. Stats like this give a better picture of his overall impact on a game.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
But can he score on PP?:sarcasm:

I guess he isn't good enough to get first line minutes on the PP. Leafs are 3rd best in the PP. Matthews is just going to bide his time in order to find break into that unit:sarcasm:. Too often he's ready to jump onto the PP, but a goal in scored already, and then he's forced to play 5 on 5.

Reactions: Beaninfritz

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

Depends. As overall point producers, you are correct. As goal scorers, there is a conversation, but Matthews is ahead. Other parts of the game Matthews is ahead in some and McDavid is ahead on others. McDavid is the best, or 2nd best player in the game depending who you speak with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad