Which duo?

• Matthews + Hedman

• Eichel + Karlsson

Results are only viewable after voting.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I wouldn't get into it either, pretty much impossible to argue Hedman as one of the 2 best D in the league. Doesn't matter where you want to do your own rankings of Karlsson's D and O game, he's the best overall Dman in the league.

Lets put it this way. Hedman will never win a Norris so long as EK is healthy all season.
Ok I see putting Karlsson over Hedman. Understandable, reasonable. Even say Hedman doesn't have a case for #1, I disagree but I get it. But saying Hedman doesn't even have a CASE for #2? That is just plain absurd.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Matthews > Eichel
Karlsson> Hedman

It's pretty even but the Matthews/Hedman combo are much more two-way and seem like a better bet to win a Cup.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Is it close? Sure, that doesn't mean much though when one group is still obviously superior to the other.

Theres a clear answer here, the gap between Matthews and Eichel is minuscule at best, there as close as two players are in this league, while the gap between Hedman and Karlsson is very obvious. Its quite simply Karlsson-Eichel.

Do fans honestly think Matthews and Hedman would produce the way they do if they switched teams with their counterparts? Karlsson with Stamkos and Kucherov would be the scariest team since the stacked '02 wings. Eichel on the Leafs would produce just as much if not more than Matthews.
Matthews is clearly a level above Eichel. They are close offensively but in terms of overall game Matthews blows him out of the water.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Matthews + Hedman if you want to win cups

Eichel + Karlsson if you want to look good on the scoreboard.

Considering that none of these players have won cups I don't see the point in that comment. You can win a cup with any of these players.

Plus it just screams of ignorance if you think that Eichel and Karlsson only look good on the scoreboard. These are elite players, and in Karlsson's case a generational player that carries his team every season. Did you not see what Karlsson can do in the playoffs?

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Matthews and Eichel are too close to call. Probably Matthews right now by just a very small bit but will probably go back and forth a few times.
Then EK is just a very special player. I always go with the top player of the four. So EK and Eichel.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
64% of Eichel's zone starts are in the offensive zone. SIXTY FOUR!!!

The coach is literally treating him like a baby.

stupid stat, most of the time line changes are done on the fly anyways. Also why would a team with a center spine of Eichel and ROR start Eichel defensively and ROR offensively unless the situation called for it at the time? I'm pretty sure Bylsma did that and it's one of the reasons he's unemployed.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Not really. Doughty is easily better than Hedman.
At what? Offensively Hedman is clearly better, I think last season erased any doubts about that. Defensively both are great.

I'm a fan of Doughty and have found him underrated since the hate from winning the Norris over Karlsson (who deserved it that year definitely) but come on.

MAYBE Doughty is better. Maybe. But to say he is EASILY better you have to be crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad