Prospect Info: Matthew Tkachuk or PL Dubois

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Hockey News 2016 Draft Preview is out on Zinio. Tkachuk at 4 and Dubois at 5.

More importantly, one anonymous scout describes Dubois as follows: "He's like Jarome Iginla: meat and potatoes player, north south game".

Clearly Benning's boy ;)

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
I can related to having an unpopular opinion and can understand that you may feel "attacked" but that is the nature of discussion boards. You can have opinions but you will be expected to back those opinions up with some basis in fact.

snip
Well said and explained. Certainly more eloquent than what I have done. Thanks.

Hockey News 2016 Draft Preview is out on Zinio. Tkachuk at 4 and Dubois at 5.
I knew i forgot to pick something up when i went out today. More curious about who they ranked around 30-35.

Last edited:

PrinceOfPucks

Jan 4, 2016
Starting to love Tkachuk! Anyone who says he Is a passenger to Marner has never seen a Knights game.

He is so smart and strong ! Easily the highest IQ in this draft. 2G 1A so far going into 3rd of tnts game 2.

He would be a franchise player at 5th OA which would be amazing.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Starting to love Tkachuk! Anyone who says he Is a passenger to Marner has never seen a Knights game.

He is so smart and strong ! Easily the highest IQ in this draft. 2G 1A so far going into 3rd of tnts game 2.

He would be a franchise player at 5th OA which would be amazing.

Disgusting tip on one of his goals and a phenomsl strength play for an assist. He's like a better playmaking Corey perry

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Disgusting tip on one of his goals and a phenomsl strength play for an assist. He's like a better playmaking Corey perry

Nice to hear, wish I could have caught the game. Sounds like a case of "stat watching and assuming" with those who have "concerns" about Tkachuk being a passenger.

PrinceOfPucks

Jan 4, 2016
True Story.....

Mitch Marner won the OHL Player of the Year Award.

HOWEVER..it was only due to a coin toss. Each team is allowed to submit 1 player as their representative for player of the year nominee.

The London Knights. Players. Coaches couldn't decide between Marner and Tkachuk so the team decided the only fair way to nominate someone is to do a coin toss between them. Marner won and went on to win OHL Player of the year. Tkachuk would have won too if he won the coin toss.

This should say a lot to the naysayers saying Tkachuk is just a passenger. The London Knights beg to differ.

Bieksa#3

Mar 2, 2007
Nice to hear, wish I could have caught the game. Sounds like a case of "stat watching and assuming" with those who have "concerns" about Tkachuk being a passenger.

which is why he won't be passed up by the oilers

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
True Story.....

HOWEVER..it was only due to a coin toss. Each team is allowed to submit 1 player as their representative for player of the year nominee.

The London Knights. Players. Coaches couldn't decide between Marner and Tkachuk so the team decided the only fair way to nominate someone is to do a coin toss between them. Marner won and went on to win OHL Player of the year. Tkachuk would have won too if he won the coin toss.

This should say a lot to the naysayers saying Tkachuk is just a passenger. The London Knights beg to differ.

Got a source for this?

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Just a note on hockey parents.

If you grow up in west van the way I did, it really helps coming from a family that can afford to give kids the extra training that is expensive as hell in Vancouver.

Prairie kids get the advantage that there are frozen ponds everywhere that give them a chance to spend hours on the ice that city kids can't get.

so coming from a family bloodline give you money, and a guarantee that you are going to get some advantages. Its hard for a hockey coach of teenagers to ignore input from a guy who played in the NHL recently.

PrinceOfPucks

Jan 4, 2016
Hat Trick Now.

Easily the best player on the ice ! Absolutely amazing !! I'm loving it because it will make it so easy for Benning if all that's left at 5th is Tkachuk and Dmen.

Tkachuk 3 G 1A

Marner 1 A

farshi

Feb 28, 2012
True Story.....

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/04/13/coin-flip-puts-marner-in-mvp-race

it was marner vs dvorak not tkachuk

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I said tkachuk minutes after the draft.

Its hard not to think the oilers take him. The ability to tip a puck with mcdavid will be unstoppable.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Tkachuk is in his draft year though.

For sure. I have no dog in this fight, it's just kind of funny. Tkachuks own coach clearly sees him as below the other two guys on the sake line. Which is fair enough given his age, but sort of goes against the idea that Tkachuk is... Not the 3rd best player on his line.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
We are getting a great prospect as long as Benning doesn't do something stupid like trade down.

I'm not even mad if Dubois goes 4 to the oilers as Tkachuk would look slick riding shotgun with Bo.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
For sure. I have no dog in this fight, it's just kind of funny. Tkachuks own coach clearly sees him as below the other two guys on the sake line. Which is fair enough given his age, but sort of goes against the idea that Tkachuk is... Not the 3rd best player on his line.

He was in the regular season. Playoffs seem to be a different story and for a kid who is the youngest of the 3 that is impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad