Player Discussion Matthew Poitras II

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
I'll take the modern game with the highest scoring the league's seen since I was a toddler over the low scoring, trap heavy league of the 2000s/early 20-teens, but to each their own.

It was great to have Chara out there, but I feel like so many people here treat "lack of response" as a Bruins-only problem when the reality is the entire league has moved away from that kind of play. There's only a couple teams left that have a guy that will enforce on the roster, and if the team is competitive that guy is in the press box most nights.
The sweetspot for a bruins fan like me was 2008 to 2016 or so. Higher skilled game, but plenty of physicality, real rivalries, still some hatred, but very little of the stupid staged fights etc. A much more passionate game that was much more exciting than the European-style hockey NHL has become.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Made up what? My opinion?
"Guess this is a good example of why the league doesn't want 19 year-olds playing against pros"

The bolded is not an opinion, it is a definitive statement. One for which you have no objective proof. Also, it's quite absurd that a league which is made up of team owners wouldn't want to ice players under entry level contracts as much as possible in a salary cap world.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
"Guess this is a good example of why the league doesn't want 19 year-olds playing against pros"

The bolded is not an opinion, it is a definitive statement. One for which you have no objective proof. Also, it's quite absurd that a league which is made up of team owners wouldn't want to ice players under entry level contracts as much as possible in a salary cap world.

Sorry for my bad wording, making a definitive statment in place of an opinion.

Though it is still my opinion. And I'm not trying to prove anything.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Good to hear he needs it although would think shoulder would impede working out ,although he can work on lower body strength,he gets mandhandled every game and even in the Juniors.
Probably beneficial for a smaller guy like him to work on lower body strength anyway, helps them use their center of gravity more effectively when giving/receiving hits

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Probably beneficial for a smaller guy like him to work on lower body strength anyway, helps them use their center of gravity more effectively when giving/receiving hits
Yeah Like Marchand ,he was next to impossible to knock off the puck,well not as much since the hip surgery.

Reactions: NDiesel

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
He should (probably already has) speak to Brad.

I said this in another thread . Matty P. is easy to like. He seems like a great kid.

nonoffensiveusername

May 23, 2009
He should (probably already has) speak to Brad.

I said this in another thread . Matty P. is easy to like. He seems like a great kid.
Agreed, in all his interviews seems like a real good kid. And he's also a smart one. He actually answers questions thoughtfully and doesn't just give canned "hockey player responses."

Reactions: HustleB

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Agreed, in all his interviews seems like a real good kid. And he's also a smart one. He actually answers questions thoughtfully and doesn't just give canned "hockey player responses."
IN the only pre-season practice I went to (at Warriors Arena), Brad would pull Matty aside and coach him. It was fun to see.

Reactions: NeelyDan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad