Injury Report: Matthew Knies: injury report (concussion) - update (Knies seen on ice)

Is body slamming behind the play legit ?

• Yes

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • No, but fine vs Leafs

Votes: 49 73.1%

• Total voters

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
Like Tampa on Bunting, right?
Bunting got suspended 3 games and scratched for 1. Bennett ran around unpenalized except for when he got a small fine for that cross check on Kampf.

Also, Tampa did have guys target leafs players. Jeannot skated around looking for a fight before he finally found one with Schenn and Corey Perry fought Holl. Also, Kucherov jumped on Rielly after a perceived dirty hit. The leafs did nothing when Bennett took out one of their best forwards, a rookie in dirty fashion. They did nothing when he crosschecked Kampf either. Pathetic.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Bunting got suspended 3 games and scratched for 1. Bennett ran around unpenalized except for when he got a small fine for that cross check on Kampf.

Also, Tampa did have guys target leafs players. Jeannot skated around looking for a fight before he finally found one with Schenn and Corey Perry fought Holl. Also, Kucherov jumped on Rielly after a perceived dirty hit. The leafs did nothing when Bennett took out one of their best forwards, a rookie in dirty fashion. They did nothing when he crosschecked Kampf either. Pathetic.

Tampa did nothing to Bunting is my point... they did stuff to other people when games were out of reach, never Bunting cause the games were too close.

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
Tampa did nothing to Bunting is my point... they did stuff to other people when games were out of reach, never Bunting cause the games were too close.
They didn’t need to specifically target Bunting and he was out for 4 games after that anyways. Tampa obviously has fight in them and they went after Toronto when they felt wronged.

I’m not saying they need a goon to go out and elbow Sam Bennett in the head but Schenn should have been put out to fight him if he wasn’t on the ice right and if not, SOMEONE should have done something. Bunting was a different situation because after it happened, he was immediately kicked out. Bennett skated on by ans continued playing after.

The comparable I use is when Kucherov (a skilled, star player) was quick to act when Point was hit by Reilly. It’s obvious that had Bunting not have been thrown out for that, he would have had to answer for it. And beyond that, Bennett has been physically dominant and dirty all series and never had to answer to anything because the leafs are just too soft.

Leafs opponents know they can get away with bullying the leafs. It’s what empowered Sam Bennett to attack Knies over nothing behind the play. If that was just about any other team, someone would have came down, gloves off and made him answer for it.

Last edited:

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Wonder how serious that concussion was. Any chance we see him again this round if it goes the distance?

horner

May 22, 2007
Wonder how serious that concussion was. Any chance we see him again this round if it goes the distance?
Personally I would keep him out of this series , he is way to important to our future.
Florida has players that want to injure our players . Knies is a rookie learning about the nhl, he has already had a concussion ,
If we make to the next rd yes

horner

May 22, 2007
They didn’t need to specifically target Bunting and he was out for 4 games after that anyways. Tampa obviously has fight in them and they went after Toronto when they felt wronged.

I’m not saying they need a goon to go out and elbow Sam Bennett in the head but Schenn should have been put out to fight him if he wasn’t on the ice right and if not, SOMEONE should have done something. Bunting was a different situation because after it happened, he was immediately kicked out. Bennett skated on by ans continued playing after.

The comparable I use is when Kucherov (a skilled, star player) was quick to act when Point was hit by Reilly. It’s obvious that had Bunting not have been thrown out for that, he would have had to answer for it. And beyond that, Bennett has been physically dominant and dirty all series and never had to answer to anything because the leafs are just too soft.

Leafs opponents know they can get away with bullying the leafs. It’s what empowered Sam Bennett to attack Knies over nothing behind the play. If that was just about any other team, someone would have came down, gloves off and made him answer for it.
If you look back at the Bunting hit to the neck, when he was laying on the ice Bennett looked around before two handing Bunting to the back . Either looking for a response or wanting the ok from the ref's ok.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Bennet still hasnt paid any price. Sad state of affairs all around

He should have gotten disciplined by the league for sure. As for the Leafs, every game is a do-or-die situation so payback will have to wait until next season.

As long as the Leafs remember and that payback does come in October, I'm okay with them focusing on winning right now instead of retribution and someone getting a major or more as a result.

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
He should have gotten disciplined by the league for sure. As for the Leafs, every game is a do-or-die situation so payback will have to wait until next season.

As long as the Leafs remember and that payback does come in October, I'm okay with them focusing on winning right now instead of retribution and someone getting a major or more as a result.
This

It’s about holding back from getting the pound of flesh, in order to focus on what needs to be done atm… win hockey games!

I’m sure there’s a lot of players that would love to go after Bennett for his antics, but like kevsh said…. that will have to wait until October. Eyes on the prize!

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
If you look back at the Bunting hit to the neck, when he was laying on the ice Bennett looked around before two handing Bunting to the back . Either looking for a response or wanting the ok from the ref's ok.
I believe he looked at the ref, saw the arm up, and knew that they would be too gutless to call a double or match, so he administered the second cross check to the spine. (which IMO looked far worse than the original call)

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Bennett was doing his thing again, against a player who couldn't defend himself at the buzzer.

Sorry, but Leafs deserve it. They invite it, and everyone knows the DOPS won't protect them.

Not sure I'd put Knies back in this series.

Give it extra time, not enough time.

Need the brain long after hockey.

Gudas hit was scary but it's a hockey play, neck cross-checks cheapshots not. I have a hard time remembering something dirtier.

We all saw Florida's first round, yet expected them to play differently in the second round.

Game 1

The very first cheap shot of the game, you send out Simmonds to take Barkov out of the series. The only way to protect your players' health.

Reactions: Kurtz

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
It's great that he's "seen on ice" but under no circumstances do you activate him to play again until training camp next season. You obviously don't risk this kids future and career by playing him again especially given we have plenty of options to use instead. It's asinine that the media is reporting "seen skating again" the dude is seriously concussed and should be shut down until next season. This is beyond obvious.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Don't think he should play again in this series (maybe if it goes 7), but for sure the next round if that somehow miraculously happens. Meier had a way worse hit and missed a total of one game. If hes okay to come back and hasn't had symptoms for several days I don't see why he should be held out.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Don't think he should play again in this series (maybe if it goes 7), but for sure the next round if that somehow miraculously happens. Meier had a way worse hit and missed a total of one game. If hes okay to come back and hasn't had symptoms for several days I don't see why he should be held out.

Different situations. Knies is a young prospect and we can fill his void easily. Meier is a key piece for the Devil's. Knies needs to be shut down or it turns into a Lindros situation where he is a prone player with a target on his back. This is not a similar situation at all.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Different situations. Knies is a young prospect and we can fill his void easily. Meier is a key piece for the Devil's. Knies needs to be shut down or it turns into a Lindros situation where he is a prone player with a target on his back. This is not a similar situation at all.
Talk about hyperbole lmao. If hes so injury prone, what does waiting until next year to let him play accomplish?

Leafs have a total of 1 playoff win without Knies this year. Knies was 100% a key piece to them getting the win over Tampa. And Meier literally had 0 points their first round :laugh:

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
he is too good to not play imo. if he is healthy and cleared, I would find a spot for him. someone like Lafferty or Jarnkrok could sit a game. Maybe not Jarny, since he PKs.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad