Confirmed with Link: Matthew Highmore traded for Adam Gaudette

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Do we really talk about this trade? We trade nothing for nothing and that's about all that needs to be said. If Gaudette can become a solid Top9 guy, we will bring it up as Bowman positive.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
While Gaudette is absolutely better than Highmore, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Gaudette is nothing more than a bottom 6er.
Which could be a problem in itself.
The last thing Hawks need is to bring in a bottom 6 guy who is suspect without the puck. (This, based on what I have read. I will have a true evaluation of him after I see him play a few games here).

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I thought it was made somewhat clear given the Canucks useage of Gaudette that he doesn't work as a bottom six player. Top six wing appears to be the only option.
Unless JC is somehow able to train him into playing a 200 ' game.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I thought it was made somewhat clear given the Canucks useage of Gaudette that he doesn't work as a bottom six player. Top six wing appears to be the only option.
Unless JC is somehow able to train him into playing a 200 ' game.
Unless you're Patrick Kane, JC expects everyone to play a 200ft game.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Don't know what Gaudette winds up being but almost the entire Vancouver roster underperformed offensively this year so hard to judge why he hasn't progressed.

I liked the moves around the deadline. If Gaudette and/or Borgstrom pan out, it wouldn't be the first or second time clubs let players go who weren't quite there yet.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Maybe I am wrong, but I think Kane has been much more engaged defensively this year than ever before.
I'm not saying that isn't the case with Kane.

Just that JC has specifically said that if the team wants to take adavantage of Kane's offensive ability, they all have to buy into playing 200ft hockey.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
That's scoring. Away from the puck, it's a completely different story. Hasn't improved his overall game or his skating since entering the league and now, at age 24, his scoring is back to what it was in his rookie season. No wonder Travis Green gave up on him.

Patrick Kane is a bum.
Sure, he can score.

But in his own zone? Oooof.

Trade him to get Highmore back to cancel out the Gaudette deal.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
is he off COVID protocol? he was on it when the Canucks team was ravished...

He was the first Canuck to get it. Has been off for a while now but apparently suffered quite a bit. Might take a while for him to recover. Not surprised they haven't put him in yet.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
You gotta love how Bobby is holding up that play as an example of everyone but de Haan being bad defensively.
Ummm. If you go back and look I did no such thing. de Haan got walked.... but it is more amazing to me that not a single responder acknowledged that Laine could have been slowed down 200 feet from Hawks net. Instead, we had the only guy who could do that, Kane, ignoring the puck carrier and going the other way, floating into the slot just in case.
This is only a small sample of the lack of effort from our superstar who is too good to even try to play a complete game.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Ummm. If you go back and look I did no such thing. de Haan got walked.... but it is more amazing to me that not a single responder acknowledged that Laine could have been slowed down 200 feet from Hawks net. Instead, we had the only guy who could do that, Kane, ignoring the puck carrier and going the other way, floating into the slot just in case.
This is only a small sample of the lack of effort from our superstar who is too good to even try to play a complete game.
There are players who bring enough to the table offensively that it more than counters less than stellar effort defensively. Kane is not a 2 way forward, never has been, never will be, was never drafted to be one.

Coming down on Kane for not having a complete 2 way game is akin to coming down on Murphy for not having 54 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad