Player Discussion Matthew Highmore (he who does not sage crystals)

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
I like Highmore as a player, all things considered.

I just don't like giving up assets to acquire a player like Highmore. Players like Highmore (and let's not kid ourselves that he's some sort of unicorn) are best acquired without giving up an asset, IMO.

Better than losing an asset to waivers. If there was a better trade on the table it would have been taken. Highmore isn't a big return, but he is useful.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Better than losing an asset to waivers. If there was a better trade on the table it would have been taken. Highmore isn't a big return, but he is useful.

Honestly, I'm not sure if we're disagreeing or agreeing here. Gaudette could clearly return an asset in a trade. A player like Highmore can be acquired without giving up an asset, IMO. Therefore, it's not necessary to give up Gaudette to acquire a useful player like Highmore.

I'd rather have a Highmore and a lottery ticket than just a Highmore. Probably an insignificant difference in the end, but I'm still gonna make the point, lol.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Honestly, I'm not sure if we're disagreeing or agreeing here. Gaudette could clearly return an asset in a trade. A player like Highmore can be acquired without giving up an asset, IMO. Therefore, it's not necessary to give up Gaudette to acquire a useful player like Highmore.

I'd rather have a Highmore and a lottery ticket than just a Highmore. Probably an insignificant difference in the end, but I'm still gonna make the point, lol.

What makes it so clear that Gaudette could return a something more valuable than Highmore? That's just a baseless assumption on your part.

If there was a better offer available, it would have been taken. Gaudette was then waived by the acquiring team, and was claimed. So if the options are waive and lose Gaudette, or take the best offer available--Highmore, which do you prefer?

Reactions: Get North

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
What makes it so clear that Gaudette could return a something more valuable than Highmore? That's just a baseless assumption on your part.

If there was a better offer available, it would have been taken. Gaudette was then waived by the acquiring team, and was claimed. So if the options are waive and lose Gaudette, or take the best offer available--Highmore, which do you prefer?
Highmore had a two year contract left when he was first acquired by the Canucks. Of the two waiver type players, easier to unload the contract like Gaudette (since all you had to do is not give him a QO and/or let his one year deal expire). Frees up a contract slot for a prospect signing.

But I'd rather focus on the fact we actually could have a *CHEAP* entire 4th line that doesn't stink up the joint & actually is ok. Jim Benning couldn't do that after *SEVEN* years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad