News Article: Matt Wuest, founder of Red Wings Central and CapGeek, passed away from cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
He deserved every bit of the enormous praise he received for capgeek.com, and RWC was even better. These contributions to us are already an impressive legacy. All those hockey fans in heaven now have a very dedicated and able guy among them. Ruhe in Frieden, Matthew Wuest!

Gruß,
BSHH

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
So sad to hear, RIP. Guy put a lot of work into these sites for very little return, especially with RWC. Pure dedication.

Hopefully CapGeek can come back in some capacity. Would be a shame to see it wasted.

Brandel*

Fantastic story on the local news here in Halifax about him. Apparently when The Hockey News released a prospect ranking with Datsyuk lower than Wuest agreed with, he e-mailed the editor and his message was so well written and researched and respectful he was offered a job by THN.

Created outstanding content for us Red Wing fans and all hockey fans. So unfortunate, he will be missed greatly.

Just found the story online:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/remembering-matthew-wuest-humble-and-passionate/

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Share is much appreciated, thanks. Very personal and highly emotional insight into Matt's life, which helps to better understand the genius behind RWC and capgeek.
Just as a humble human-being, always willing to give it all. Simply out of passion for the sport and the Wings. For sure he'll leave a void, his great effort will be remembered.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Hard to imagine how much Matt Wuest has impacted my life and knowledge about Red Wings prospects in the past. I would know basicly nothing without his website work about our guys drafted in last ~10 years. At some point redwingscentral was always the place I read from my mobile phone on the bed before I fell on sleep. Then I traslated partially these articles on our biggest finnish message board to spread the knowledge to our Finnish Wings fans. Or how he did superb work with capgeek, those two things he provided for free were really big things for my life as Red Wings / NHL fan. He was a soulmate for sure.

I didn't even notice it until everything was gone. What a sad day and sad news. So sad. This kind of guys are the best in the world. Dedicated for something, and for something good.

Rest in peace Matthew.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
I hope he has given all the capgeek-rights and stuff to some people who can get it back up and continue his awesome contribution to the hockey world.

It would be sad if his contribution couldn't be used in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad