News Article: Matt Wuest, founder of Red Wings Central and CapGeek, passed away from cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Terrible news, he did a lot for the Wings community and even more so for the NHL with capgeek. My thoughts are with his family.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
So incredibly sad. My thoughts are with his wife and the rest of his family. He was a brilliant writer, and I greatly enjoyed all of his content over the years. Gone far too soon.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Huge, huge bummer. His contributions with RWC were just fantastic. He was THE go-to to keeps tabs on Wings prospects. Sorely, sorely missed.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Really going to miss his presence, feel for his friends and family. The NHL fan community feels this loss big time.

DATS-O-MATIC

Nov 23, 2004

GOD BLESS YOU MR. MATTHEW WUEST. R.I.P.

I've been reading that guys forum (all 5 versions of RWC & it's root/predecessor -AllSports.com--from back in 2000! ) Been on RWC since + capgeek. He did incredible work & I am so grateful to have been a part of his online Red Wings hockey forum community. Sarah Lindeneau (sp ?) aka "Lindy" was a big contributor as well in the 2000's. IIRC she went on to blog or do a site, maybe LGW ?

THANKS MATT FOR YEARS OF HARD WORK!

Last edited:

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Damn, what terrible news, way too young. He will be greatly missed. He and I emailed back and forth several times over the years and he always came off as a genuinely nice guy. His work went into some of my favorite Wings memories, including reading his draft pick excerpts as the Wings made their selections throughout draft day. His writing was excellent. And CapGeek, what a helluva creation that was.

Thoughts for the family.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Rest in peace my friend. Take it easy in Heaven.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Will always remember eagerly awaiting his draft day coverage, breaking info on prospects there was no info on the net for. Also the in-season updates with updates from Hakan and other scouts.

Rest in peace, sad to see someone so involved in the game go so young. Condolences to his family. Thanks for everything Matt.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
It was obvious something was very, very wrong when he shut down both RWC and Cap Geek in short order. It was best to respect his privacy and wishes during the final stages of his life. Now all we can do is say RIP and how much his work meant to all of us. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
I think we all suspected cancer, and some of us had seen some posts from his personal twitter account, which confirmed he had been battling cancer.

Much too young to die, and we lost a great Wings and fellow hockey fan this week.

RIP

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
RIP.

Started something that truly revolutionized modern hockey. Best wishes to his family and friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad