Matt Whochene

OccasionalPoster

Nov 18, 2017
What's up with Dutch? Haven't seen most games but when I have, seems like he loses sight of playmaking to score goals and instead just... playmakes randomly.

Reactions: Tralfamadore

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
He has not been the same player since his great 2014 season.

The media’s narrative was that he was trapped in Colorado and the club was holding him back. In actuality, he was part of the reason the Avalanche struggled.

Reactions: RareDangles

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
you can't make chemistry. he doens't seem to be clicking with anyone right now

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I remember people being very upset when I said he was overrated. It's been years since he was worth what many seemed to think. Sorry, Sens fans. I hope he turns it around. I don't dislike the guy.

It's very very easy to say that after it happened. I'm curious to know what's your reasoning behind why is not Duchene scoring points after the trade but before the trade 10p in 13ish games? He was disgruntled and played that good for the Avs, then he became excited playing for Ottawa and crashed down.

Read the trade threads. There were plenty of people showing concern with Duchene.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I think a big part of why Duchene declined in production is because he slowed down. He lost his quickness he had earlier, I mean he is still quick, but If you watch some highlight videos from the past you could just see how he flew past everyone. He can't do that anymore and it really limits his chances.

The first season with Roy he was elite top-10 center in NHL. He was that good, but after that, he never really had that same spark in his step. Maybe the knee injury took a bigger toll than we thought.. At least that's how it looked to me.

Duchene was amazing player, but I'm not sure If he lost it, because the motivation or his quickness just declined, but something happened for sure.

I think he can still bounce back and have a career year, though. I think he just needs a fresh start and It always took him some time to connect with his teammates. Goals and assists will come..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad