Player Discussion Matt Rempe - See Mod Note Post 769

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
While I think there is some validity to what you are saying regarding the last two games, there were definitely points in both games where it would have been nice to have him banging bodies with heavy (clean) hits that has the opposing defenders shitting themselves.

He has to play smarter and more responsible, otherwise 1) everyone is going to want challenge him as a chance for retribution & 2) he just simply won’t be on the ice. I mean I cannot imagine what that next Devils game will be like. He f***ed up Bastian and Siegenthaler. While the Bastian one was deemed not worthy of suspension, the Devils are not going to see it that way. That shitbag Macdermid was trying to fight him in that last game for the Bastian hit.

I think we win in Tampa with Rempe and Trouba. The team got into some bad habits against a team that has their number coming from behind. The two big boys would’ve had them standing a little taller. Thought they wilted a little against a more experience team

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I think we win in Tampa with Rempe and Trouba. The team got into some bad habits against a team that has their number coming from behind. The two big boys would’ve had them standing a little taller. Thought they wilted a little against a more experience team

Rempe just needs to not murder people and he'll be fine.

Hospital is OK. ✅

Murder is bad. 🚫

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Hospital is OK. ✅

Murder is bad. 🚫

Im hoping for a Byfuglien type playoffs for Rempe when Buf was playing forward on the 4th line for Chicago. Just an animal going to the net that no modern defenseman can handle. Unless someone get Chara off the golf course before April

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Im hoping for a Byfuglien type playoffs for Rempe when Buf was playing forward on the 4th line for Chicago. Just an animal going to the net that no modern defenseman can handle. Unless someone get Chara off the golf course before April
I have a feeling that we will see Rempe on the PP at some point (probably not this year but I bet they will try him there at some point - we know the kid can skate fast enough to keep up).

Boo this man!
We need him in games! If he kills people he gets suspended :(

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008

Hospital is OK. ✅

Murder is bad. 🚫
giphy.gif

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Check yourself before you wreck yourself, Rempe.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
We all love Rempe and it helps that his 2 5 minute majors to the loser Devils resulted in 0 goals and like 3 shots in 10 minutes. But if he does that in the playoffs, it'll be a disaster.

A couple things.

Jeff Beukeboom almost singlehandedly destroyed Florida's chances in one playoff series in which he knocked 3 Panthers out of commission even if in one case it was the Panther Johan Garpenlov hitting him instead of the other way around.

If he were to get a major in the playoffs it's up to the other team to make the Rangers pay. If they don't the likelihood is the momentum is going to swing to us.

Rempe's heavy forechecking so far has been a distraction for other teams. It's not something they like dealing with. Players make bad plays sometimes getting plastered anyway because he can close a gap really fast. I think it's helped make the Rangers other players more aggressive in their forechecking too. It's stuff that can lift your fans and lift your team. He does need to keep the elbows out of it and these 4 games off just might benefit him by focusing him better in how to not cross the line.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I legit think that just forechecking and screening the goalie he can be a very useful player. It won't get the crowd as excited but at least he will be on the ice. Connor H (not looking up how to spell his ridiculous name) is huge. Would be nice to have a Rempe screening him tomorrow.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
A couple things.

Jeff Beukeboom almost singlehandedly destroyed Florida's chances in one playoff series in which he knocked 3 Panthers out of commission even if in one case it was the Panther Johan Garpenlov hitting him instead of the other way around.

If he were to get a major in the playoffs it's up to the other team to make the Rangers pay. If they don't the likelihood is the momentum is going to swing to us.

Rempe's heavy forechecking so far has been a distraction for other teams. It's not something they like dealing with. Players make bad plays sometimes getting plastered anyway because he can close a gap really fast. I think it's helped make the Rangers other players more aggressive in their forechecking too. It's stuff that can lift your fans and lift your team. He does need to keep the elbows out of it and these 4 games off just might benefit him by focusing him better in how to not cross the line.

If he can't focus after this, he'll probably never figure it out.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com

Hospital is OK. ✅

Murder is bad. 🚫
I was talking about this with my barber the other day. Rempe needs to understand just how much bigger he is than the average NHL player. What would be a normal shoulder to shoulder hit from most players, because of his height, means it would be a shoulder to head hit on the best of days.

I actually really like Rempe. I really hope he figures it out.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I was talking about this with my barber the other day. Rempe needs to understand just how much bigger he is than the average NHL player. What would be a normal shoulder to shoulder hit from most players, because of his height, means it would be a shoulder to head hit on the best of days.

I don't think he has this as an excuse. He's literally playing against the largest opponents he's ever faced on a nightly basis right now.

I think it's more about him being able to settle in and handle the adrenaline and all of the expectations the fans are putting on him to goon it up, and just find the right balance where he isn't running around being a bit too reckless. He's been very effective and his physical play is more than welcome; he just needs to try to stay conscious of where the line is each time he's stepping into a guy.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY

Rempe wasn't playing in a giants-only league before this; he understands he's bigger than the average player. I think, more than anything, excitement got the best of him. First ~month in the league, gigantic hype out of nowhere, lot of energy playing against the same team that he obliterated a couple weeks earlier. Gotta get the anxious yips out, but still manage to keep his general demeanor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad