Matt O'Connor sweepstakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Doubt he comes here without being guaranteed at least the ahl starting job

He's looking for the best development situation. The best development situation is to be in a tandem situation next season and then to take over the starting job fully the season after.

Also...

@uptownhockey
Uptown client and former BU standout goalie Matt O'Connor to announce his NHL destination tomorrow afternoon.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't see why people are still connecting Markstrom and O'Connor. You do realize that in order for Markstrom to play in the AHL, he has to pass through waivers? And he won't pass through untouched this time. Regardless of whether or not O'Connor comes here, we have to get rid of one of Miller, Lack, or Markstrom. The only effect O'Connor would have is Eriksson leaving, and I won't cry over spilled milk.

Exactly.

And as far as Eriksson goes...there's a pretty good chance he's out the door either way regardless of how the O'Connor thing goes.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Typically I get pretty excited about signing free agents, but I'm pretty impartial about O'Connor. I don't forsee him being better than Markstrom or Eriksson s we really only need him if both are gone.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Good on the Sens. They've developed good goalies before, and they could use a guy like O'Connor. (since they'll probably keep a Anderson-Hammond tandem)

Lehner has the writing on the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad